View previous topic | View next topic

Moderators

Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Beep
192319.  Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:33 am Reply with quote

I take it no one moderates this site, and so personal and highly infantile abuse from the resident skool bullies can go unnoticed?

grizzly
192324.  Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:39 am Reply with quote

There are at least 5 moderators on this website. Jenny and Flash moderate all of the public forums. Gray who is the administrator also moderates the forums and I moderate the games forum. JumpingJack also has moderation priveleges on some of the forums.

barbados
192329.  Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:49 am Reply with quote

I'm assuming that the reason for this is the "Here be Giants" thread.

I've looked through the thread and can't see what the problem is at all, now I need to find a way to get the last ten minutes of my life back

Natalie
192339.  Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:09 am Reply with quote

I can say (from perhaps an unbiased POV) that there definitely are Moderators.

Despite the fact you can clearly see their names, I know this because I may have run into them on one or two occasions. Well, one. There're definitely people monitoring what you post, along with other posters, obviously.

:)

Beep
192395.  Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:36 am Reply with quote

barbados wrote:
I'm assuming that the reason for this is the "Here be Giants" thread.

I've looked through the thread and can't see what the problem is at all, now I need to find a way to get the last ten minutes of my life back

If you choose to comment on a question not asked of you, don't complain about the time you waste. Simple.

I gather from the lack of response to my question that I'm wasting my time in even asking it. I'll leave the resident trolls to snigger in peace as they wait for the next new face to target.

samivel
192399.  Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:43 am Reply with quote

Dear, oh dear. Make the nasty man go away, mummy.

Beep
192401.  Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:45 am Reply with quote

Feel superior now? ahhhhh :)

You scored a point off a stranger on a Net Forum. That may well be the most impressive thing you have achieved or ever will achieve. You'll be feeling that warm glow for days.

barbados
192404.  Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:48 am Reply with quote

The community here is generally self policing with very little need for moderator intervention. As grizzly said, if you feel you have been unfairly treated then you may want to make contact with the moderators directly, the relevant names are at the top of each of the forum pages. They will deal with any misbehaviour regardless of how long the "abuser" has been a member of the community here. All I was saying was that looking through the thread there wasn't anything that should really cause such offence in the posts. Obviously if you have received abuse on a more personal level (ie PMs) then I wouldn't be aware of them in which case the person to contact would be Gray who is the site administrator.

samivel
192408.  Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:54 am Reply with quote

Beep wrote:
Feel superior now? ahhhhh :)

You scored a point off a stranger on a Net Forum. That may well be the most impressive thing you have achieved or ever will achieve. You'll be feeling that warm glow for days.

I hope that writing that out made you feel superior. You have now achieved the best thing you ever will achieve. Long may you run.

barbados
192411.  Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:58 am Reply with quote

I can see that there are two people here that need their heads banging together.

grizzly
192437.  Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:29 am Reply with quote

<puts moderator hat on for a moment>

I have not read the thread in question and I am not a moderator of that particular forum. Since I haven't followed it from the start I don't think it would be right for me to comment on it at this time.

However, with regards to this thread. Samivel, comments such as "Dear, oh dear. Make the nasty man go away, mummy." are not appropriate on a thread where a person is making a complaint about the behaviour of members. Even if that comment was made in good humour this is not the place or time to make it.

Beep, when you wish to make a public complaint can I please ask you to avoid language such as "resident skool bullies" and "trolls". Such language can also be considered offensive and it can further inflame the situation.

Can I please say to everyone that if you have an issue with what other people have said on the forum then please do not respond. Ask a moderator to deal with it. In almost every case of arguments on the boards both parties are motivated by a need to have the last word.

barbados
192440.  Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:35 am Reply with quote

Alternately take a look at grizzly's blog, guaranteed to guarentee on every occasion

grizzly
192443.  Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:41 am Reply with quote

That's a different grizzly. This grizzly has his moderators hat on.

barbados
192490.  Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:58 pm Reply with quote

Does the other one have a hat with a big D

suze
192503.  Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:41 pm Reply with quote

Come on guys, this is getting silly. Barbados, whatever you may happen to think to grizzly's blog, it's not relevant to the current discussion - and grizzly's comments on the issue at hand were entirely pertinent.

To a certain extent I agree with the sentiment that Beep is expressing - that certain persons haven't treated with him the courtesy one might expect in a civilised forum such as this. To a certain extent I can also see why some have found Beep's tone in that discussion a little inflammatory. Civilised disagreement is absolutely fine and it's a thing we do rather well hereabouts, but we really don't need name calling and the like.

Can we all just back off a bit?

Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next