View previous topic | View next topic

Submitting QI News

Page 1 of 1

Ian Dunn
136991.  Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:11 am Reply with quote

I was wanting to know, how do you become a Newshound, and submit news to the QI news page?

grizzly
137032.  Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:46 am Reply with quote

There are only 4 non-elves who are newshounds. Myself, Jenny, Smiley_Face and Dr Bob and 1 of them has been here since the inception of the website (namely Jenny, who is IMO of elflike qualities). Hence you'll need to earn a good reputation for providing plenty of QI information to the website.

Of course the best way to start would be to pm either me or any of the other newshounds plenty of QI news (and I mean good stuff, not the everyday stories about people surviving strange events that could easily fill my inbox and cause the deletion of some genuinely good pm's I have). If anyone does consistently provide interesting and current stories I will be happy to recommend anyone to become a newshound. However, I have no say in the matter beyond this point (any decisions are down to the elves of course).

Jenny
137285.  Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:47 pm Reply with quote

I think I might be a demi-elf...

barbados
137333.  Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:39 pm Reply with quote

I thought it was honorary elf Jenny

smiley_face
137348.  Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:34 am Reply with quote

No no! Jenny's not an elf silly. She's far more important than that!

*attempts to find the name for the mythical character ranked above elf.*

*Fails*

Gray
137359.  Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:32 am Reply with quote

There's a Rolling News thread - long buried in QI Lists - to which anyone is welcome to contribute stories (and sources).

http://www.qi.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=1495

We'll keep an eye on the whole thing and pick any budding hounds from there. Or there's outright bribery, of course.

suze
137544.  Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:00 am Reply with quote

smiley_face wrote:
attempts to find the name for the mythical character ranked above elf.

Arwen, perhaps.

She is described as a half-elf, although her lineage is actually more elven than human, and she ends up as the Queen. (Upon marrying Aragorn, who is of course her first cousin sixty three times removed.)

Oh, and Arwen looks rather like Liv Tyler - which has to be a selling point!

grizzly
137554.  Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:21 am Reply with quote

lol Suze, are the QI elves Tolkeinesque (sp?)?

Jenny
138060.  Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:28 am Reply with quote

I'll go for marrying Aragorn (surely one of the sexiest fantasy heroes?) and looking like Liv Tyler. Which I do, of course.

Zaphod Beeblebrox
138512.  Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:16 am Reply with quote

Quote:
Arwen, perhaps.

She is described as a half-elf, although her lineage is actually more elven than human, and she ends up as the Queen. (Upon marrying Aragorn, who is of course her first cousin sixty three times removed.)

Oh, and Arwen looks rather like Liv Tyler - which has to be a selling point!

I have a cousin called Arwen. I've not found an Aragorn on the family tree yet...

Peregrine Arkwright
155632.  Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:26 am Reply with quote

It wasn't until quite recently I discovered that "Lord of the Rings" was not, after all, the Chairman of British Telecom. But now I have seen the film and the distaff members of the family tell me that The Fit Elf is much more attractive than Orlando Bloom ever was. Me, I see myself merely as an apprentice Hobbit, probably to be called something like Dildo Baggins. Perry Arkwright

Ameena
155634.  Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:38 am Reply with quote

Well, you know, you already share your first name with a hobbit...maybe you could already be one!

Gray
156409.  Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:51 am Reply with quote

QI Rolling News is now available on an RSS feed, for those of you who, like me, prefer your news delivered to your door instead of having to go all the way to the news page to read it.

Page 1 of 1