View previous topic | View next topic

Moderators

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

suze
192591.  Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:27 am Reply with quote

barbados wrote:
I'm sorry if you don't "get" the humour here but please on occasion you need to lighten up a little.

Yea OK, maybe I do. I'm afraid that working in an industry where I could find myself suspended just because someone claimed that I'd been (in an unspecified way) rude to him doesn't really encourage lightness. (It hasn't happened to me, but it did happen to a colleague of mine a couple years ago.) But hey. I'm out of that for the next year at least, I had some rather good news this morning, and all is generally FAB - so lightness is in!

Natalie
192633.  Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:33 am Reply with quote

Ok, so I'm trying not to get too involved here (not exactly knowing too much about it), but I will say that generally, in life, it saddens me when people who get on end up falling out due to something that ends up being blown out of proportion.

May I perhaps propose discussion between the 2 main parties involved (and perhaps one medium) to state clearly what theie problems are, in order to prevent confused arguments which end up not being solved?

barbados
192636.  Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:44 am Reply with quote

Natalie wrote:
(and perhaps one medium)

Just a medium? no chance of an extra large?

please

Natalie
192639.  Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:46 am Reply with quote

Pah. Like Mr. Connolly said : It's time you started smoking and lose some weight.

Tas
192672.  Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:44 am Reply with quote

I'll go and get Mystic Meg if you think it will help. Personally, I think you will need a mediator.

:-)

Tas

cpl_trim
192888.  Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:58 pm Reply with quote

Unless Natalie is hinting that there is an unexplained lump in the patio...

Tas
192983.  Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:47 am Reply with quote

That lump is explainable. It's Dr Bob. And he is ON the pation. Sunbathing.

Tas

Beep
192987.  Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:49 am Reply with quote

I have zero interest in reading any further posts aimed at me from any of those involved in the recent fun at my expense. Twisting my words does not show good character. Nor will they spoil my enjoyment of this site as I believe was the intention. They will get no further attention from me, although from what I have read about myself, I doubt they will offer me the same courtesy. Every site has people like that and to bow to their behaviour is to let them win.

AlmondFacialBar
193022.  Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:37 am Reply with quote

beep, i think you might be feeling a bit paranoid, could that be? it happens to the best of us sometimes, and it's nothing to feel bad about really. it is, however, something to be aware of when judging other people's behaviour towards you and deciding how you're going to react. you'll probably consider this patronising - i would in one of my paranoid moods - but i promise it's not meant that way. just my two cents...

AlmondFacialBar

Tas
193121.  Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:57 am Reply with quote

The major problem with online communication is that there is no tone and body language involved. Something said in jest, or as a light-hearted dig, can come across as highly insulting and very annoying.

I tend to have a fairly thick skin, and take most things aimed at me with a pinch of salt. If someone wants to insult me on here (or any other forum) well that's up to them. The words don't particularly insult me, as I have a default setting of 'insults are generally meant in a humourours non-serious way'. And I will reply in a banter-y sort of way.

I think, perhaps, people (and I aim at everyone with this, I am not targetting Beep) take things said on fora too seriously at some point. Take a few minutes out, re-read what was said from a humourous POV and most if not all insults read as childish silliness.

Tas

AlmondFacialBar
193131.  Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:03 am Reply with quote

true!

AlmondFacialBar

Natalie
193287.  Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:31 pm Reply with quote

Huh? Unexplained lump?

Now whose twisting words? :s I'm lost.

cpl_trim
193314.  Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:32 pm Reply with quote

natalie wrote:
Huh? Unexplained lump?

Its a reference to a cliche about burying a murder victim in the garden after a heated argument that has gone too far, thus you would need a medium for the people arguing to be able to talk to each other

hope its now an explained lump :-)

Natalie
193466.  Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:05 am Reply with quote

It is, thanks for explaining your lump to me.

Ohh, just got it! Ha ha :)

Hey, I can't help being slow, okay?

Jenny
194238.  Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:52 pm Reply with quote

Folks I'm sorry this has gone so far without me commenting. I have been away and with limited internet access for a week (spent an interesting couple of days trapped in some floods near Evesham, actually) so I am going to have to go and look at the 'Here be Giants' thread to catch up.

If anybody has a complaint about the behaviour of other forum members, it's usually best to pm one of us (the moderators of each forum are named at the top of each thread, with a link). I do try and read every post where possible, but when I am using somebody else's computer as a guest in their house, I sometimes have to miss a few days for reading purposes, but I usually manage to pick up my emails most days. I get an email alert with a pm so I would know there was a problem.

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next