View previous topic | View next topic

two akitas and a rottweiller

Page 1 of 1

jason3575
186935.  Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:50 am Reply with quote

i have two akitas rescued from an old sick lady.....they are long term partners....she has just come into season and there like never stopping....missy the poor cow is nackered.....we also have an old rottweiler again he is rescued as he was on brink of death when we found him....we were given the choice of euthinasia or take the chance to help him....we struggled and won...however he is now a randy bugger....the vets cannot neuture him because ofhis age.......after missy and sisco have been caught on three occasions and locked together....tyson was caught with missy and locked for 20 mins.....what is the worst case scenario and if any wot bout health repocussions....i know that more times they lock up the more the puppies are produce....if sisco has produced with missy on three times wud this cause problems with tyson..we had tried to keep them apart but by a freak of a day this gaurd was dropped and tyson was in there.....help

Jenny
186950.  Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:05 am Reply with quote

I'm not quite understanding the problem here, Jason - why would it be a problem if the akita had puppies with a rottweiler father?

jason3575
186951.  Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:09 am Reply with quote

the two akitas.....i think having been locked together three times already that im aware of....she may already be caught by the male akita....i know that more they get caught the more the pups are produced...however the rotty has locked with missy aftter the akita.....wud this cause any complications?

Volklet
208787.  Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:53 pm Reply with quote

I realise that I'm pretty late here, but the first thing you need to do is get the bitch to the vet for an injection that will stop her concieving. There are plenty of cross-breds needing good homes without breeding more by accident when you don't need to!
It's not true that the number of ties increases the number of puppies - that is dependent on the number of eggs produced by the bitch.
Once she is two or three months past her season you should get the bitch neutered to avoid this problem happening again - best for all concerned I would say!

Page 1 of 1