View previous topic | View next topic

Futurama

Page 3 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Behn
253919.  Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:57 pm Reply with quote

Mine is an actual life sized b/w LASER printout. The thing that makes it even better is that I am just under 2 metres tall! I got it done at a local map/blueprint place

Davini994
253947.  Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:38 pm Reply with quote

soup wrote:
I had a life size print out of a nude girl she was entirely in ASCII and the printout was on that green and white lined computer paper.

I'm trying to think if I've ever heard anything geekier. Hmm...
;)

Sobriquet
254139.  Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:36 pm Reply with quote

Davini994 wrote:
soup wrote:
I had a life size print out of a nude girl she was entirely in ASCII and the printout was on that green and white lined computer paper.

I'm trying to think if I've ever heard anything geekier. Hmm...
;)

You hang out with enough nerds, you come across some pretty froody stuff. The geekiest thing I've ever seen is a Star Trek choose-you-own-adventure book, which at one point has the main characters (Kirk, Spock, and McCoy) playing Dungeons and Dragons. Needless to say, I adore my friends. For other fun geek stuff, try www.thinkgeek.com

To get back to the subject, anyone seen the new Futurama movie? I bought it for my Dad for his birthday (which was today) but we haven't watched it yet...

Behn
254467.  Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:40 pm Reply with quote

It's very good, even if a few of the jokes were aimed at the sad kind of nerdy fan who have seen every episode (with directors commentary), know all the storylines, have written stuff related to Futurama (i.e. animations, alien language converters, guitar tab) and feel it is one of the best things Matt Groening did (until the Simpsons Movie).
So, in short, people like me :-D

Oh, and I 'bought' it too (once it comes out in the UK).

Thanks for the link, I'm thinking of buying one of these
http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/generic/991e/

mutant
255715.  Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:23 pm Reply with quote

Of all things holy!
there's a film??????????????????????
how did i not know about this?
when's it out in UK?

Blackpool Rule
255925.  Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:35 pm Reply with quote

yo isnt family guy created matt groaning

Sobriquet
255975.  Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:12 pm Reply with quote

Blackpool Rule - No, I don't believe Family Guy was created by Matt Groening, and according to Wikipedia it was thought up by a guy named Seth MacFarlane. And for future reference, no offense intended, it's slightly difficult to understand what you are trying to express when you don't use complete sentences.

Behn
257782.  Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:58 pm Reply with quote

Correct, Family Guy was not created by Matt Groening.

Peter (Griffin) has appeared in the Simpsons, but not in Futurama.

Mutant, a search tells me that at the moment the film (Benders Big Score) is not due for relaese in the UK, but it is available from the USA on that famous on-line book/DVD/CD store, or it's major competitors. This is a shame as Fox have happily whored out a chunk of the Simpsons DVD to advertise the Futurama DVD!

Fact: The DVD of Bender's Big Score is Fox's first Carbon Neutral DVD release

Wikipedia tells me that there are more movies in the pipeline or perhaps some new episodes.
Yay

Sergei
257793.  Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:28 pm Reply with quote

Behn wrote:
Thanks for the link, I'm thinking of buying one of these
http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/generic/991e/

That's so unutterably cool I had to check it wasn't one of their notorious April Fool gags.

If only it could indicate when a signal wasn't password-protected...

Behn
258328.  Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:07 am Reply with quote

Who cares! Your t-shirt shows where WiFi is!

Nonieth
259384.  Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:56 pm Reply with quote

Behn - three more films (thankfully all written and into production before the writers' strike began) are to be released on DVD. These films will then be cut into 4, rewritten and reworked so that they are comprehensible as individual episodes and aired on Comedy Central as 16 new episodes (which is one of the criticisms of Bender's Big Score - there are clear markers every 22 minutes where the episodic cut-off will be).

Provided the DVD sales and viewing figures are high enough, there is the possibility of the series being recommissioned. The fact that the new episodes are to be broadcast on Comedy Central and not on FOX, however, speaks volumes!

Behn
259894.  Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:25 pm Reply with quote

but I thought it was the 'BOX' network...
(please don't correct me unless you have seen the movie/trailer for the movie!)

Ian Dunn
567002.  Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:36 am Reply with quote

Good news everyone! Futurama is back! Comedy Central has ordered two 13-episode seasons.

Story from Reuters

QiScorpion
567886.  Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:33 pm Reply with quote

I like Futurama. I also like the Simpsons. so i'm annoyed that i don't get to watch much Futurama here in Britain.

Ion Zone
568282.  Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:33 pm Reply with quote

I wish they wouldn't repeat Futurama so much, every single day there are about five eposodes, and they haven't stopped repeating it for years. Sky One must have the money to buy enough programs to fill their schedule.

Page 3 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next