View previous topic | View next topic

Fetishes

Page 5 of 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Sadurian Mike
268984.  Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:27 pm Reply with quote

dr.bob wrote:
In some cultures, of course, a fetish is "an inanimate object worshipped for its supposed magical powers." Quite how that came to be associated with non-vanilla sexual practises, I'm not entirely sure.

According to this site , the word is derived from the Latin factitius (facere, to do, or to make. Given that many fetishes involve some sort of object, I guess the link is in that context.

Of course, that doesn't cover non-objective fetishes, but maybe that is because these weren't as overt and so didn't need a label as quickly as the more obvious kinks.

Or maybe a kink should be non-objective sexual practice, and a fetish should only apply to when you use physical objects.

Remus.James.
283320.  Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:14 pm Reply with quote

Perhaps it's just me, but I find it unutterably annoying when you hear a group of people talking about their 'fetishes' but can really only think to say 'feet' and 'bondage'. It is just too obvious; too common; too much of a revelation that they do, in fact, have none. Bless them for trying. But still...

Sadurian Mike
283413.  Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:47 pm Reply with quote

Remus.James. wrote:
Perhaps it's just me, but I find it unutterably annoying when you hear a group of people talking about their 'fetishes' but can really only think to say 'feet' and 'bondage'. It is just too obvious; too common; too much of a revelation that they do, in fact, have none. Bless them for trying. But still...

I'm sure there are plenty for whom feet and bondage (possibly binding feet?) are all adventurous and wild, so I would be hesitant to say they don't have a "real" fetish.

I do know what you mean, though. It's almost as if you need a fetish to be interesting, but bondage is the only one you can think of.

Still, everyone has their own limits, and pushing them is what makes vanilla sex into chocolate chip double-sundae with sprinkles sex.

AndyMcH
284122.  Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:59 am Reply with quote

You know what really grinds my gears ? People that say they like bondage and being tied up, but then buy ridiculous fluffy handcuffs.

And thats what really grinds my gears

Ian Dunn
284216.  Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:55 am Reply with quote

TubewayAndy wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears ? People that say they like bondage and being tied up, but then buy ridiculous fluffy handcuffs.

And thats what really grinds my gears

What if they have a fetish for fur or flulff?

samivel
284325.  Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:28 am Reply with quote

TubewayAndy wrote:

I hate people who say they're into bondage but complain when I chain them to a lamppost.

AndyMcH
284394.  Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:13 am Reply with quote

But Id imagine its unlikely that fetishes for being restrained go hand in hand witha fake fur fetish...

In general furry handcuffs are a very santised way of pretending to have a fetish when youre just trying to be exotic in some way !

Sadurian Mike
284784.  Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:21 pm Reply with quote

TubewayAndy wrote:
But Id imagine its unlikely that fetishes for being restrained go hand in hand witha fake fur fetish...

In general furry handcuffs are a very santised way of pretending to have a fetish when youre just trying to be exotic in some way !

Actually, they are also far more comfortable when pulled against and don't scratch your bedpost.

Apparently...

Sebastian flyte
284863.  Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:09 am Reply with quote

Would not the cheap fur become matted in all the blood? a bugger to pull out of the wounds I would imagine.

AndyMcH
284943.  Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:41 am Reply with quote

more comfortable ? Im sure youre missing the poi nt of being tied up !!!

so they say...

suze
285027.  Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:07 am Reply with quote

Seb!!! Naughty corner!!

If conducting an illicit liaison with a man who is away from home on business, neckties can be used to secure limbs to bedposts. At least, this was so in 1993 ...

dr.bob
285099.  Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:14 am Reply with quote

How many neckties does your average business man normally have on his person?!

suze
285165.  Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:12 am Reply with quote

Well four is always going to be ample sufficiency, and I reckon a guy on a week's business trip is likely to have that many.

Though the question did make me giggle, because of the humorous meaning the word "person" has in our household (being that meaning which attaches to the word in laws against indecent exposure).

dr.bob
285563.  Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:25 am Reply with quote

Yes, four neckties on your "person" would be an unusual foreplay strategy :)

Though now I'm wondering about the use of neckties in bondage. In particular, the best form of knot to use. A windsor knot? A "four-in-hand" knot? Or even a Prince Albert. The last two definitely sound suited to non-vanilla sexual practises.

Sebastian flyte
285567.  Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:30 am Reply with quote

schoolboy?

*titter* (sorry)
the four in hand is also called the schoolboy..four in hand is worth one in the.. I'm sorry! :)

Page 5 of 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next