View previous topic | View next topic

Fetishes

Page 4 of 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Sadurian Mike
266036.  Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:03 pm Reply with quote

Ian Dunn wrote:
The event made some interest in the news when Ronnie Campbell, Labour MP for Blyth Valley, accidentally gave his support to the movement. He said in an interview with local paper, the Sunday Sun:

Ronnie Campbell wrote:
"I thought a fetish was a worry, like worrying about backing the right horse."

Sunday Sun article
Wikipedia article

The man is either lying through his back teeth or so insulated from the real world that he is just as dangerous.

"Fetish" = "worry"? Oh lordy.

ivor
266157.  Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:08 am Reply with quote

He was quoted on the News Quiz on radio 4 as saying something like the following, on being asked about his favourite fetish:

"I don't know, there are thousands of them really. It would have to be the Horese I suppose"

Ian Dunn
266159.  Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:12 am Reply with quote

ivor wrote:
He was quoted on the News Quiz on radio 4 as saying something like the following, on being asked about his favourite fetish:

"I don't know, there are thousands of them really. It would have to be the Horese I suppose"

I'll have to get around to listening to that podcast sometime today.

Sadurian Mike
266345.  Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:26 pm Reply with quote

I had a semi-random thought this morning; is there a fetish for breaking wind?

I mean, I know there are fetishes for other lavatorial functions, but breaking wind is just so.... commonplace yet fairly unpleasant. I thought that maybe I had broken the infamous internet rule 34 (if you think of it, there is a fetish for it).

Tonight I logged on and used Google.

Yup, it exists.

Sebastian flyte
266348.  Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:27 pm Reply with quote

:)

Dingbat, the Furry King
266385.  Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:17 pm Reply with quote

Ian Dunn wrote:
Last Monday (21st January) was the very first "National Fetish Day" ... Part of National Fetish Day is the "Perverts Wear Purple" event, where members of the community wear an item of purple clothing to indicate they are a fetishist, whilst being "Vanilla"

Oh God No! ... to celebrate my birthday last week (22nd Jan) I dyed my hair (Giant shoulder-length mane) bright purple! ... might explain at least some of the funny looks!

Ian Dunn
266392.  Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:28 pm Reply with quote

Dingbat, the Furry King wrote:
Ian Dunn wrote:
Last Monday (21st January) was the very first "National Fetish Day" ... Part of National Fetish Day is the "Perverts Wear Purple" event, where members of the community wear an item of purple clothing to indicate they are a fetishist, whilst being "Vanilla"

Oh God No! ... to celebrate my birthday last week (22nd Jan) I dyed my hair (Giant shoulder-length mane) bright purple! ... might explain at least some of the funny looks!

Well, at least you were one day out.

Sadurian Mike
266509.  Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:33 pm Reply with quote

Ian Dunn wrote:
Dingbat, the Furry King wrote:
Ian Dunn wrote:

Well, at least you were one day out.

Maybe that was his fetish?

Ian Dunn
267482.  Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:14 am Reply with quote

Some news about National Fetish Day - It has now become International Fetish Day! The first once is to be held on 16 January 2009.

267699.  Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:44 pm Reply with quote

Is there a fetish about people who don't have a fetish and aren't planning to anytime soon?

267703.  Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:47 pm Reply with quote

I have this sneaking feeling that if this stuff wasn't fashionable no one would bother; lots of people afraid that they're pretty dull trying to appear more interesting by espousing fringe behaviours.

Sebastian flyte
267712.  Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:03 pm Reply with quote

Oh, I don't know, I think everyone is filthy but some keep quiet about it. ;) not sure why some things are called 'fetishes' and others are completely normal, odd that.

Lucifers_Lady
267736.  Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:36 pm Reply with quote

Last edited by Lucifers_Lady on Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Lucifers_Lady
267738.  Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:37 pm Reply with quote

Last edited by Lucifers_Lady on Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:36 am; edited 1 time in total

dr.bob
267844.  Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:53 am Reply with quote

In some cultures, of course, a fetish is "an inanimate object worshipped for its supposed magical powers." Quite how that came to be associated with non-vanilla sexual practises, I'm not entirely sure.

Page 4 of 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next