View previous topic | View next topic

Furry genre and fandom

Page 5 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Sadurian Mike
340597.  Tue May 20, 2008 6:17 pm Reply with quote

Tas wrote:
Sounds like it should be a 'Furry Carlsberg' advert (Furlsberg?)

:-)

Tas

In the morning, you will probably have the furriest tongue on the world.

Tas
340598.  Tue May 20, 2008 6:18 pm Reply with quote

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

*But chucklesome*

:-)

Tas

Tigerwolf
350016.  Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:30 pm Reply with quote

Gahh, those furs who put 'fur' in front of everything make me cringe. ^>.<^ Reminds me of the old Batman TV series.....Batfax, anyone? :D

Especialy......'Fursicution'.....*shudder*

BTW, I would love to see some stats on the fursuit thing, it isn't as common as everyone seems to think.

Ian Dunn
350235.  Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:55 am Reply with quote

Tigerwolf wrote:
Gahh, those furs who put 'fur' in front of everything make me cringe. ^>.<^ Reminds me of the old Batman TV series.....Batfax, anyone? :D

Especialy......'Fursicution'.....*shudder*

BTW, I would love to see some stats on the fursuit thing, it isn't as common as everyone seems to think.

I can give you them.

According to a survey carried out by the University of California, Davis Department of Psychology last year, which was answered by other 600 people and so is currently the most up-to-date and complete study of the fandom, 82% of furries don't have a fursuit.

Quite furscinating isn't it.

Menecairiel
350328.  Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:43 am Reply with quote

All I can think of is Ghastly Comics, with the furry in that one...

Alright, for someone who has a list of weird knowledge that she applies constantly, this isn't my field..

Ian Dunn
350539.  Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:00 am Reply with quote

One quite interesting furry comic is the satirical strip Newshounds. One reason why it is interesting is that the author of the strip, Thomas K. Dye is a fan of both QI and Blackadder. Dye often references the later in his strips, as you can see here.

feynmanMH42
375436.  Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:46 am Reply with quote

Ian (and other furs), have you seen the video Furry Facts by Furry Guru Tori Belliachi? It's pretty QI and shows some rather fascinating stats about furries.

Ian Dunn
375464.  Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:23 am Reply with quote

Indeed, it is an interesting video, and indeed interesting to know that we British are the furriest nation on Earth.

Also, I do know about Tori Belliachi - I work for him on The Furtean Times. Interestingly, he's just changed his fursona to that of a fruit bat.

feynmanMH42
375733.  Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:12 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm familiar with Tori too. I speak to him somewhat over MSN, and we're both on the UKFur forums (I'm Procyon there.) Interesting indeed, but I miss the folf. :(

Also, I went to my first furmeet a few weeks ago. It was pretty amazing! I feel like I'm fast becoming an accepted member of the furry community.

Ian Dunn
375887.  Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:29 am Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm familiar with Tori too. I speak to him somewhat over MSN, and we're both on the UKFur forums (I'm Procyon there.) Interesting indeed, but I miss the folf. :(

Also, I went to my first furmeet a few weeks ago. It was pretty amazing! I feel like I'm fast becoming an accepted member of the furry community.[/quote]

Where was this furmeet?

dr.bob
375922.  Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:08 am Reply with quote

People, please! We've already had a problem with the size of the talk forums database and we're trying to keep a lid on it. It's really not necessary to quote an entire bloody conversation just to post one line in response.

Particularly when the post you're responding to is right above your own post. Please use a little common sense and help us all out here.

feynmanMH42
376084.  Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:54 am Reply with quote

Sorry Dr. Bob.

@Ian: It was in Sheffield recently.

To add something to the thread, how far back can we extend the Fandom's history? In its modern form, probably back to the 1980s, but an interest in anthropomorphic animals is a common theme in cave paintings...

Jenny
376204.  Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:02 am Reply with quote

Just to prove dr.bob's point, I've edited the posts to remove the quotes, and as you can see it's a perfectly comprehensible conversation without them.

Ian Dunn
376211.  Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:26 am Reply with quote

I'm sorry for the way I've quoted the posts.

Jenny
376232.  Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:04 am Reply with quote

No problem Ian - we're very space conscious at the moment! Nothing personal.

Page 5 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next