View previous topic | View next topic

Eating / Escoffier

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

CB27
920604.  Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:00 pm Reply with quote

I used to know this German girl who had some delightful peculiarities to her English (besides a sexy accent), one of them was mixing up past and present verbs, the other was inserting German words into her sentencesm so I can imagine her saying "I did not wrote it, it was Frau Beeton" in a German accent :)

fenifur
920637.  Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:49 pm Reply with quote

Haha! That's amazing :) reminds me a bit of Allo Allo when the British people are doing similar; Lick the deer for Lock the door etc. I dread to think what I sound like when I try to speak other languages, so I a) try not to and b) Never make fun of any non native english speakers.. :p

Spud McLaren
920757.  Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:04 pm Reply with quote

fenifur wrote:
Haha! That's amazing :) reminds me a bit of Allo Allo when the British people are doing similar; Lick the deer for Lock the door etc. I dread to think what I sound like when I try to speak other languages, so I a) try not to and b) Never make fun of any non native english speakers.. :p
If memory serves, it was only the gendarme who did this. The other British characters all spoke either passable, or no, French.

From Wiki -

"Officer (Captain) Crabtree (played by Arthur Bostrom) (series 2 to 9) – A British spy posing as a French police officer. Unfortunately, he has a terrible grasp of French, which means that sometimes he is quite incomprehensible, most famously noticeable in his usual greeting: "Good moaning!". Despite his almost incomprehensible speech, the Germans never seem to suspect him. To quote a notable example: "I was pissing by the door when I heard two shats. You are holding in your hind a smoking goon. You are clearly the guilty potty!" Another, during an air raid, is: "They have had a direct hot on the pimps!" "The pimps?" "The pimps! The pimps in the pimping station! No water is being pimped through the poops!" Another example: "The troon carrying the sissage has been bummed by the RAF. There are little pissers all over the track." To repair the airmen's air balloon: "You must get your hands on girl's knockers. At least farty, maybe fifty." And: "I am mauving in a ginger fashion becerrs my poloceman's pints are full of dinamote!" He then unbuttoned his flies and slowly pulled out several large knockwurst in front of the watching café. After the introduction of Crabtree into the show, Yvette frequently announced him as "That idiot British Officer who thinks he can speak French". He says: "I admit my Fronch cod be butter." Another example came when Officer Crabtree mistook Captain Alberto Bertorelli for a German officer, addressing him with a raised hand and: "Hole Hotler!" (as taken from script) instead of "Heil Hitler!" When Captain Bertorelli pointed out he was actually an Italian, Officer Crabtree responded with: "Hael Missuloni!" instead of "Hail Mussolini!". The character was largely inspired by British Prime Minister Edward Heath's dreadful French accent."

'yorz
920764.  Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:15 pm Reply with quote

Indeed, it was only Crabtree who spoke such. Nice piece, that.

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2