View previous topic | View next topic

Cyprus

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

eggshaped
214043.  Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:18 am Reply with quote

Many thanks both. Honestly, it amazes me how quick some of the members of this site are.

hmloyal.com
333359.  Fri May 09, 2008 11:01 am Reply with quote

It would appear nobody has been twinned with Grimsby! :D

suze
333368.  Fri May 09, 2008 11:32 am Reply with quote

Au contraire!

According to the Wiki page for Grimsby, it is twinned with Bremerhaven in Germany, Dieppe in France, Tromsų in Norway and - slightly more improbably - Banjul in The Gambia.

AlmondFacialBar
333461.  Fri May 09, 2008 4:55 pm Reply with quote

suze wrote:
Au contraire!

According to the Wiki page for Grimsby, it is twinned with Bremerhaven in Germany, Dieppe in France, Tromsų in Norway and - slightly more improbably - Banjul in The Gambia.

thanks for flying the flag in my absence! ;-) my brother actually was on student exchange in grimsby in the early seventies. it's also got its own street in bremerhaven, grimsbystrasse, which leads from the city centre to the motorway and passes such glamorous sights as the bus depot, the fire department and the waste incinerator... *rolls eyes*

:-)

AlmondFacialBar

Jenny
333730.  Sat May 10, 2008 3:03 pm Reply with quote

AlmondFacialBar wrote:
it's also got its own street in bremerhaven, grimsbystrasse, which leads from the city centre to the motorway and passes such glamorous sights as the bus depot, the fire department and the waste incinerator... *rolls eyes*

:-)

AlmondFacialBar

Grimsbystrasse was obviously named by someone who had been to Grimsby then...

But of course I speak as a Hullensian from the other side of the river.

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2