View previous topic | View next topic

Electricity

Page 3 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Vitali
158438.  Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:57 pm Reply with quote

In 1997/98, when I was presenting BBC News 24 "Europe Direct" show (now defunct), I remember interviewing an "Electric woman" who could switch light bulbs on and off with her stare (she actually demonstrated it in the show!) and did lots of other bizarre things connected with electricity... Was unable to find anything about her on the web. Mb someone could help? There must be footage of it in the BBC archives too... It would be great to use it for the "electricity" programme...
Any ideas?

Flash
158455.  Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:27 pm Reply with quote

If you can find it, why not? It sounds very remarkable.

eggshaped
158460.  Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:45 pm Reply with quote

Sounds like nonsense to me. But I'm happy to be disproved.

There was also the woman in Italy who had glowing breasts, do you all know about that? I'm sure I could find an online source somewhere - no doubt it's also nonsense.

eggshaped
158467.  Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:52 pm Reply with quote

here's a link

Quote:

The Times reported that Senora Anna Morano, the Luminous Woman of Pirano, who suffered from asthma, emitted a blue glow from her breast as she slept. Many doctors came to witness the phenomenon, visible for several seconds at a time, during which her heart rate doubled. the occurrence happened regularly for several weeks, each time the luminescence lasting for several seconds.

MatC
158481.  Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:22 pm Reply with quote

People who can mysteriously effect electrical equipment - including swithcing on and off - have been reported from all over the world (especially the former USSR, I believe) for many years. Fortean Times has often covered them.

eggshaped
158497.  Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:58 pm Reply with quote

People who were cured by homeopathy have been reported all over the world, but I don't believe in that either.

That said, I've been trying to stay more open minded about things until I've looked into them myself recently, so my position is that of mild sceptic.

Gray
158567.  Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:59 am Reply with quote

I think that unless there's a mechanism for these things to actually happen, they're mere anecdote or trickery. Or both, if money's involved.

I feel duty bound to look into the glowing breasts, though.

MatC
158587.  Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:41 am Reply with quote

eggshaped wrote:
People who were cured by homeopathy have been reported all over the world, but I don't believe in that either.

That said, I've been trying to stay more open minded about things until I've looked into them myself recently, so my position is that of mild sceptic.

Well, no, obviously I donít believe it - any more than I believe in al-quaeda, passive smoking or astrology - Iím merely pointing out that itís a well-established Fortean phenomenon, whether ďtrueĒ or not.

And then there are the much-studied people who cause street lights to go on and off by standing near them ...

DELETED
158590.  Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:48 am Reply with quote

DELETED

Jenny
158882.  Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:50 am Reply with quote

Ben Franklin, of course, did not directly conduct lightning down his kite string - see a DVD question I did at post 158473

Vitali
158906.  Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:06 pm Reply with quote

In response to Flash: re: Electric Woman.
If I could find her, I would have done so. I totally forgot what her name was. Only remember she was English and a lesbian (!) (in a clumsy attempt to be funny, I asked her during the interview whether her husband was an electrician - for she kept breaking electrical equipment with her very presence - allegedly... She gave me a heavy stare and said: "I am marrried to a woman, and she is NOT an electrician!"). We interviewed her together with Peter Dobby for "Europe Direct".
Is it possible to look through the BBC News 24 archive footage for 1997/98? Or through researchers' notes? They should be on their system still...
Mb you could use your authority here? She would be great for the "electricity" show...

eggshaped
158908.  Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:07 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
She gave me a heavy stare

Which presumably turned you on?

Vitali
158910.  Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:09 pm Reply with quote

Ha-ha... It actually did the opposite: switched me off completely. She could do that too, you see...

Last edited by Vitali on Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

eggshaped
158911.  Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:09 pm Reply with quote

:o)

Flash
158934.  Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:44 pm Reply with quote

Vitali - we'll need to speak to the picture researchers. Authority? Me? Ha!

Page 3 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next