View previous topic | View next topic

Who DON'T you want back?

Page 23 of 31
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

MinervaMoon
899710.  Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:04 pm Reply with quote

Ian Dunn wrote:
MinervaMoon wrote:
Black Butler is the best - ever. But you should see it dubbed because it is set in Victorian England and the English voice actors actually do the accents, unlike the Japanese.


Are the voice actors British or American?

American, of course. It's Funimation. Some are better than others, but overall I think they pass.

Season 1 trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNokqlRB4ko
Season 2 trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYTZ-s1ZkOU

 
Ian Dunn
899734.  Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:52 am Reply with quote

MinervaMoon wrote:
Ian Dunn wrote:
MinervaMoon wrote:
Black Butler is the best - ever. But you should see it dubbed because it is set in Victorian England and the English voice actors actually do the accents, unlike the Japanese.


Are the voice actors British or American?

American, of course. It's Funimation. Some are better than others, but overall I think they pass.

Season 1 trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNokqlRB4ko
Season 2 trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYTZ-s1ZkOU


Well, I might give the dub a go.

 
MinervaMoon
900727.  Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:22 am Reply with quote

The one thing I fault the English dub for is using the word "gotten", which I believe wasn't even used in Victorian England. But it's minor and only happens a couple of times (I remember -- I huffed at them each time it did).

 
Arcane
901437.  Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:33 am Reply with quote

I watched "Inventions" tonight - with some annoying ventriloperson and their annoying puppet. Not funny at ALL. Lots of dead air and no laughs. Please, whoever she is, don't have her and that puppet back.

 
Ian Dunn
901438.  Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:35 am Reply with quote

Arcane wrote:
I watched "Inventions" tonight - with some annoying ventriloperson and their annoying puppet. Not funny at ALL. Lots of dead air and no laughs. Please, whoever she is, don't have her and that puppet back.


You mean Nina Conti. I think it is almost universally agreed that having a ventriloquist with their puppet on was now a mistake.

 
Arcane
901447.  Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:52 am Reply with quote

Ian Dunn wrote:
Arcane wrote:
I watched "Inventions" tonight - with some annoying ventriloperson and their annoying puppet. Not funny at ALL. Lots of dead air and no laughs. Please, whoever she is, don't have her and that puppet back.


You mean Nina Conti. I think it is almost universally agreed that having a ventriloquist with their puppet on was now a mistake.


Yes, I managed to find out her name after I posted.

We only get the ep here a couple of hours ago in Australia, and it was such a shame, I actually remembered to watch it (ABC keeps changing the time and day!), and when I saw the puppet I just went "Ohhhhh noooooooo". It got worse after that. I can see the philosophy behind her presence on the show, but I feel she would have been better as a brief feature, rather than a full guest. I'm sure she's nice enough in real life, but as a QI guest - sorry, absolutely not.

 
coldalarm
901450.  Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:57 am Reply with quote

Few of us want her gone, though.

Just the puppet. Ms Conti herself seemed really good when she wasn't playing about.

 
Arcane
901457.  Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:06 am Reply with quote

No, I didn't find her good at all, though having that darned puppet attached to her at all times only made things worse. She wasn't funny at all really, sorry.

 
Gavin
901589.  Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:04 pm Reply with quote

I didn't mind her or Gran. Everyone has different opinions. (For God's sake, don't bring Gyles Brandreth back!)

 
Arcane
901594.  Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:37 pm Reply with quote

I think there is a consensus with Gyles, poor man XD

 
MinervaMoon
902454.  Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:36 pm Reply with quote

Not consensus: I loved him.

 
'yorz
902512.  Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:08 am Reply with quote

I find him to be an entertaining raconteur.

 
Arcane
902531.  Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:18 am Reply with quote

I found him to be a crushing bore.

:-(

 
Efros
902550.  Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:33 am Reply with quote

boring boor.

 
hassan el kebir
902615.  Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:34 am Reply with quote

highly entertaining.

 

Page 23 of 31
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

All times are GMT - 5 Hours


Display posts from previous:   

Search Search Forums

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group