View previous topic | View next topic

Hi

Page 1 of 1

natalie.salat
1080780.  Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:45 pm Reply with quote

Hi
I watch QI on the Australian ABC.
I was born with a growth deformity that has left me looking like a young child in appearance and size, even though I'm older. It's rather like the case of the late American actress Dana Hill whose stunted growth because of her medical problems caused her to look about 12-13 well into her twenties. Unfortunately for me i look quite a bit younger than 12-13.

When i was a real child i played Marta von Trapp in a Youth Theatre production of the Sound of Music. Still looking like Marta von Trapp thirty something years later is not easy. People keep trying treat me as a living "infant martyr" like Eva St. Clair in Uncle Tom's Cabin - even though I'm not a child and not a saint

CharliesDragon
1080790.  Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:49 pm Reply with quote

Not a saint, but a salad. :P

We've actually had a bit of a discussion about disabilities on the actuality of sexism thread recently because things get out of hand sometimes. I guess you could check it out if you want to offer your views. :)

Welcome, either way! :)

Jenny
1080791.  Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:50 pm Reply with quote

The "Actuality of Sexism" thread is in a forum called What Fresh Hell Is This, by the way - and welcome to the QI forums.

tetsabb
1080846.  Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:22 am Reply with quote

Welcome to QI, natalie
Coo, another antipodean! The QI culture spreads further -- Yay!

filofax
1080852.  Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:37 am Reply with quote

Quote:
When i was a real child

this makes you sound like Pinocchio in reverse :-)

Welcome to QI

Page 1 of 1