View previous topic | View next topic

Escapology

Page 5 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Burrell
221202.  Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:08 am Reply with quote

This is a copy of the press release.

"ESCAPE ARTIST FACES THE RIDE OF HIS LIFE

On Friday October 19th at 9.00, world renowned escape artist and 7 times Guinness World Record holder, David Straitjacket, will face his toughest test ever when he attempts to carry out an amazing escape whilst travelling at speeds of up to 80kph and experiencing +4.5Gs on Pleasure Beach, Blackpool’s brand new rollercoaster – Infusion.

David will be handcuffed, chained and locked into the parks newest, most exciting, and most extreme thrill ride, Infusion. Though there are no time stipulations to how long David has to escape the restraints.

The stunt is being carried out in tribute to the late escape artist, David DeVal, who carried out a similar escape at Pleasure Beach, on the Irn-Bru Revolution, over 20 years ago. The original stunt was filmed for the popular BBC entertainment programme, Hotline. The same locksmith who challenged Mr DeVal, Mick Hanzlik, has now challenged David Straitjacket to what surely is a much tougher stunt, which will blast escape attempts into a totally new dimension.

Since it’s launch in May, Infusion has wowed visitors to Pleasure Beach with its stunning water features and 5 incredible loops and rolls. Will the world’s first suspended looping coaster completely over water be able to contain one of the world’s greatest escape artists? Find out this Friday."

Burrell
221929.  Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:35 am Reply with quote

Just to show what is possible...

http://www.blackpoolcitizen.co.uk/news/headlines/display.var.1773509.0.great_escape_on_a_roller_coaster.php#comments_form

..well done David.

jaq
338878.  Sun May 18, 2008 9:45 am Reply with quote

Slightly less than directly relevant, but my favourite fact in the whole world:

I understand Houdini had claimed he would escape the grave. The day he died, Jimmy Saville was born, who claims to be the first disc jockey, and now is a British national treasure or embarassment according to your point of view.

sayanika
402595.  Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:47 am Reply with quote

Hello everybody, do I put on the invitations that there will be a magician at my son's 5th birthday party? I was wondering do I have to put this on the invitations. I would hate for people to be late and miss it. If I should put it on the invites, how should I word it? Do I need to put the time he is arriving? Thank you so much in advance for your suggestions and advice.

sayanika
402598.  Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:53 am Reply with quote

Okay, what would be the best roll for a soon-to-be magician when you start off in maple story? I want to be a fire/poison mage eventually, but I want to start things off perfectly. I don't care on your opinions of maple story or fire/poison mages, just please answer my question. What would be the best roll in terms of strength, intelligence, dexterity and such for a magician?

sayanika
405107.  Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:41 am Reply with quote

Ok folks, I have heard that Dai Vernon the greatest sleight of hand magician of all time. Any way this is what I always thought. But I heard some people on a certain website saying that Ed Marlon was a better with a deck of cards. I'm not sure if I agree with that. What do you think about it? I can't believe no one is answering this question even in the card games section. Is this how ignorant most people are about magic and card tricks?

Roslyn
683914.  Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:00 am Reply with quote

Hello,

I've just stumbled across this forum and indeed the escapology thread after doing a google search on UK escape artist Nick Janson.

But before I get in to any of that I feel it only polite to introduce myself. I am a British escapologist currently living in London. Performing is my full time job and escapes are my main "thing" although I do dabble in the circus arts and also sideshow stunts too.

Anyway, I'm very aware that there are very few living escapologists around and even fewer who are actively performing and was searching for info on those who are still with us.

I'm interested in three separate areas.

1) Those who were professional escape artists but have since retired and are still alive.

2) Those who were professional escape artists but have since retired and have now sadly died.

3) Those who are currently working professionally as an escape artist.

I know there are a lot of collectors of Houdini memorabilia, handcuffs and the like but its really those who have actually worked in the field that I'm interested in learning more about.

Also, its those escape artists who are/were British that interest me the most. Go back as far as you can. Any info you guys have would be great. If you have links to books, DVDs or websites please either post or PM me. Literally any info you have will be gratefully received.

I'm also not looking for magicians who perform a single escape in their shows or have done an escape once or twice for publicity. Just those who perform a full on escape show.

I have very little info already so don't feel that you will be duplicating anything. Chances are you won't, and if you do its still nice to know you care ;)

To date:

Retired, living, UK escapologists:
Nick Janson (hence the google search that found this site)
Alan Alan

Deceased UK escapologists:

Current living professional UK escapologists:
Kondini - http://www.kondini.com/escapology_and_fire.html
Jonathan Goodwin - http://www.jonathanescapes.com/
David Straitjacket - http://www.davidescapes.com/
Danny Hunt - http://www.amethyst-illusions.com/innerescapology.html
... and of course me (Roslyn Walker) - http://www.roslynwalker.com

I don't know of any others so far. So if you have any people you can add to the list including links etc.. please do.

Cheers,

Ros

Zebra57
684172.  Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:28 pm Reply with quote

Welcome where exactly have you escaped from?

Page 5 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5