View previous topic | View next topic

Qi on DVD

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anna
26260.  Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:29 pm Reply with quote

I would buy a copy for everyone I know if you released the series' in their entirety. I'm Australian and since we may not ever see the show, a dvd set would be fabulous.

Don't deny us QI!

qiseenow
26328.  Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:17 pm Reply with quote

Now, while a DVDi quiz would be funny, I gotta say I know of countless people (ok 2) that would buy QI the Series on DVD. It's even funnier than Question Time from Slough!

Zaphod Beeblebrox
26392.  Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:34 am Reply with quote

Yeah, the quiz dvd is a great idea, but i would definately buy, and so would my friends, a dvd of the QI series

MatC
26457.  Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:48 am Reply with quote

I'd certainly buy a recording of the first series. (If it proved too hard to nick, obviously). I'd prefer it on video, because then you wouldn't have to wade through all those pointless "extras". But I'd buy it anyway on DVD.

I'd also buy it on audio cassette.

Flash
26462.  Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:20 am Reply with quote

Mat - if we do make a DVD the extras we have in mind consist principally of you doing a commentary over the top of all the punchlines.

MatC
26463.  Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:30 am Reply with quote

Oh, well that's different. You see, now you're talking about something that makes commercial sense.

Caradoc
26490.  Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:56 am Reply with quote

Flash wrote:
Mat - if we do make a DVD the extras we have in mind consist principally of you doing a commentary over the top of all the punchlines.

An interactive DVD with levels of detail available.

Frederick The Monk
26491.  Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:59 am Reply with quote

MatC wrote:

I'd also buy it on audio cassette.

And I'd buy it on Edison wax cylinder.

Caradoc
26492.  Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:02 am Reply with quote

But edison never managed sterio

MatC
26554.  Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:44 am Reply with quote

Frederick The Monk wrote:

And I'd buy it on Edison wax cylinder.

Damn! I've been outbid!

But it would be good on audio, wouldn't it? I mean, it's not the most visual TV show ever made, is it?

Frederick The Monk
26569.  Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:03 am Reply with quote

With some judicious cutting around the visual refs to the back projections I think it would be great. It's also relatively cheap and easy to do which means that it'll be hell persuading the BBC to do it.

Another bid worth making however.

LexiD523
27275.  Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:20 pm Reply with quote

I'll definitely buy it, because being an American, there is no other way I will get to see this extremely tempting program. I'm also very good at getting people to like the things I'm enthusiastic about, so I'm sure I could get a bunch of friends and neighbors to region-hack their DVD players and buy it. It may be too late to get it out by Christmas, but surely you can get it out by my birthday (May 23). If you do, I'll send you a very heartfelt thank-you card. Other times of the year I can't be bothered with such things.

I second getting Jon Stewart on the show, if only so he can put in a good word for it at Comedy Central. Ever since those studies came out that people who get their news from the Daily Show tend to be more educated and better-informed on the issues, Comedy Central seems to be trying to expand into more intellectual territory.

JumpingJack
27480.  Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:45 pm Reply with quote

Lex,

Funnily enough I was talking to Ken from ignfilmforce about Comedy Central only this morning and earlier about Jon Stewart too.

These are both good ideas.

So is an audio version.

Will look into all of them.

swot
27968.  Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:47 pm Reply with quote

i think the interactive dvd's a great idea. i could force all my friends to play and beat them cos none of them watch qi. the fools.

pocoyo
30873.  Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:35 pm Reply with quote

Bring out the DVD! I know of at least 8 other people, excluding all of the people who have already posted their interest in the thought. Audio would also be a very well headed release!

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next