View previous topic | View next topic

Qi on DVD

Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Richard
11939.  Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:22 pm Reply with quote

I would like to know, all you knowledgeable QI folk, when the first series of QI will be available on DVD or video. I only began watching the magnificent show towards the end of the first series and I would love to see the ones I missed. Any one able to give me any details?

dotcom
11948.  Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:40 pm Reply with quote

Hahah. You will have to nag JumpingJack to MAKE a DVD.

JumpingJack
12031.  Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:38 pm Reply with quote

Yes, sorry Richard, the production company looked into it briefly a few months ago but concluded it wouldn't sell unless it had lots of 'additional material'.

However, quite a few people have asked the same question as you, so we'll definitely reopen the matter.

laidbacklazyman
12033.  Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:53 pm Reply with quote

there is always out takes, biog style interviews with Stephen Fry, Alan Davies, some guy called John Lloyd (whoever he may be te he) the head of the research team, interactive game per a cross between trivial pursuit and millionaire, short interviews with guest in a just been voted off weakest link style. Hows that for starters I could ask the question on give Alan Davies More points . com and maybe get some other ideas from viewers if you like.

laidbacklazyman
12034.  Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:55 pm Reply with quote

BTW Richard, I am led to beleive series one is currently being repeated on UKTVG2

JumpingJack
12044.  Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:40 pm Reply with quote

Thanks lblm.

Those are all great ideas of course but one has somehow to persuade someone to put up all the cash for the camerawork, editing, legal department and so on...

Still, I'm much inspired by your list and look forward to what your own elves can come up with.

laidbacklazyman
12047.  Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:46 pm Reply with quote

I can only ask, although because my Forum resembles the ear of a pig at the moment I will be relying on people looking at the index page and actually reading it! One request for the next series though, an old, shall we say workmate of yours is currently starring in the West End with Patricia Routledge, yes I'm talking Roy Hudd, I'm not sure if it is clever writing (I work with another of his old writing team so I have to say that) but he has always struck me as quite a funny chap, any chance of booking the old fella for the show? it would make my Dad a very happy man

JumpingJack
12048.  Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:50 pm Reply with quote

Yes Roy's a terrific bloke and he does have a very good sense of humour.

But the show is (of course) written by the writers.

I have a feeling, though, that he'd be terrified. I didn't expect Barry Cryer to find it such tough going, for example.

Who's the Huddlines writer then?

laidbacklazyman
12049.  Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:54 pm Reply with quote

Richard Quick - Unfortunately now retired from the writing game, we share some very funny anecdotes whenever we meet which is probabley about two or three times a week, I think Barry seemed more phased by the youthfulness of the team, Perhaps bring him back with Roy, Alan Coren and maybe someone that really appreciates the "older"
style, maybe Dave Gorman (I know he is a Coren fan) to make it a bit easier on these older funny men,

I for one would be quite apprehensive of the likes of Rich Hall, Jo Brand et all if I was of the style of performer that worked at The Windmill, after all they were naked and they did move

Last edited by laidbacklazyman on Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

JumpingJack
12050.  Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:55 pm Reply with quote

Brilliant. Say hello from me will you?

laidbacklazyman
12051.  Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:04 pm Reply with quote

will do ;-)

Confucius
24956.  Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:50 pm Reply with quote

Add my name to a list of potential purchasers should QI make it to DVD. In fact I'd buy them for some of my relatives for Christmas, so put me down for a half dozen.

JumpingJack
24975.  Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:34 pm Reply with quote

Confucius

I will re-double my efforts.

UncaScroogeMcD
24986.  Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:59 pm Reply with quote

I've mentioned it to John before, but I still think Neil Innes would be a wonderful guest... As well as a few Americans to mix the pot next series, including Conan O'Brien, Jon Stewart, and a chap named Greg Giraldo.

miscreant
25015.  Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:00 am Reply with quote

Me, my two best friends, my fiancees father, my neighbour and a friend in the US and two cousins in Australia want to buy QI on DVD, NOT a QUIZ thank you.

We don't even care about packaging, so if you lovely production people want to make some discs and sell them to us rough fine I'd even buy them on VHS!!!!!!

I reckon you'll find PLENTY of us fans who will stump up whatever it takes to have some quality British entertainment to stick in the diveedee machine.
So please please please release the previous series on DVD, not best of's just the entire unadulterated series, please.

So a dozen would sort me out for Christmas, of each series I mean!

Thank you

Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next