View previous topic | View next topic

alan davis joke

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

katie
36604.  Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:05 pm Reply with quote

hello! there was a joke, i belive in seris one, with something to do with a carabou. it was said by alan davis and is believed. by my family to be a great classic! unfortunately none of us can remember it properly and wondered if any one else can. i fear it may not be as good as we remember.
katie.x
p.s. i like your name zaphod beetlebrox

Zaphod Beeblebrox
36889.  Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:47 am Reply with quote

Why thank you, Katie.
Methinks you are new to these forums - if so, welcome :)

Keiichi
37972.  Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:19 pm Reply with quote

I think I know the gag you mean, Katie - Alan doing an impersonation of luring a carabou away or something. That was the Series A Christmas special, I believe - unfortunately I can't find my video tape with that ep on!

Sooner I get these things transferred to DVD the better...

K1

tazman
68168.  Tue May 02, 2006 3:36 am Reply with quote

Hi, new user. there were a couple of jokes i think. something about the hunters luring away the carabou from their herds to breed for themselves. alan then impersonates the hunter whispering to the carabou (roughly) "psst, come here" trying to lure them. steven fry said that the carabou were the hunters own kind of walking corner shop supplying food, clothing, milk etc. Later on SF asks y males would fancy rudolph. Alan said his red nose resembled female deer genitalia. (actually, he was a she. i think that was all for that. hope this helps,
Tazman

QI Individual
68183.  Tue May 02, 2006 6:46 am Reply with quote

Since the thread was started five months ago and katie has made a total of 2 postings so far I'm not sure your contribution will reach her.

katie
117986.  Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:58 am Reply with quote

I do still check my posting once in a while and i am very grateful to anyone tries to help me with this puzzle

strukkanurv
118071.  Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:43 am Reply with quote

katie wrote:
I do still check my posting once every six months and i am very grateful to anyone tries to help me with this puzzle

smiley_face
118072.  Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:44 am Reply with quote

Yes, we know that katie wrote that!

Klashnikov
118077.  Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:54 am Reply with quote

Bahaha
I too know the joke Katie is talking about, but I can't remember either :|
My family also found it hilarious

Celebaelin
118125.  Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:05 am Reply with quote

katie wrote:
hello! there was a joke, i belive in seris one, with something to do with a carabou. it was said by alan davis and is believed. by my family to be a great classic! unfortunately none of us can remember it properly and wondered if any one else can. i fear it may not be as good as we remember.
katie.x
p.s. i like your name zaphod beetlebrox

I can't remember the joke either but it's in the A Series, Episode 12 (Christmas show) which sadly is not as yet transcribed at

http://www.freewebs.com/qitranscripts/transcriptsseries1.htm

at least that's the one where they talked about caribou according to Answers.com

We'll have to wait (or get the DVD this Christmas!)

Andrew
118131.  Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:20 am Reply with quote

I just checked on the series 1 christmas episode on my DVD and there isn't a 'joke' - as Keiichi said above it was just Alan doing an impersonation of a Mongolian and a Caribou.

alwatson
121383.  Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:53 pm Reply with quote

Along the same lines, I remember an Alan Davies joke about bees. Well, I say remember, obviously I can't because I'm asking if anyone else can?

strukkanurv
121392.  Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:29 pm Reply with quote

Wasn't that Stephen talking about a tea party with some arrogant type - on the table was a very small pot of honey.
"Ah" said the guest, being sarcastic, ofcourse, "I see you keep a bee!"

Something like that, anyway.

Flash
121400.  Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:01 pm Reply with quote

Fife Robertson, I think.

And Alan's one was about keeping a million bees in a quite confined area and ended with the punchline "Fuck 'em, they're only bees". Rich Hall told the same joke on another occasion; in fact Alan may have been re-telling Rich's version. I can't remember.

barbados
121409.  Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:42 pm Reply with quote

Rich's offering was last season and I don't think it made the cut.
It was the one that had Bill Bailey and Rob Brydon I seem to remember.

Of course I may be wrong

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next