View previous topic | View next topic

QI stageset

Page 1 of 1

Katebit
107936.  Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:05 pm Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this has been answered already, apologies if it has.

What is the manuscript used in the big circle behind Stephen? I'm fairly sure it's Anglo-Saxon, and quite early at that, judging by the hand.

Any info is greatly appreciated. In return, I point you to Oxford University's online manuscript archive - incredible hires images which have kept me happy on many a long cold evening!

http://image.ox.ac.uk/

smiley_face
107962.  Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 pm Reply with quote

Those manuscripes are amazing - thanks for posting that. My computer makes this godawful beeping whenever I try to scroll through those images, too much memory required I suppose (I only bought it a year ago as well!)

Does anyone know where I can find online photos of old music manuscripts?

gerontius grumpus
108027.  Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:40 pm Reply with quote

The pub theme stage set was good.Shame about the Watneys' red barrel though.

MatC
108113.  Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:52 am Reply with quote

I spent the whole programme staring at that in amazement - where on earth did they find that? Full marks to them, anyway; excellent set last night.

gerontius grumpus
108497.  Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:00 am Reply with quote

It must have been an old BBC prop that hasn't seen the light of day since the Two Ronnies.
Watneys Red Barrel was horrible keg beer with a terrible reputation made worse by the Monty Python sketch where Mr Smoketoomuch went to the travel agents.

qibookwrangler
108503.  Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:21 am Reply with quote

Katebit you may find this helpful; Jonathan Green is the designer for the show and this is from his website:

http://theqi.blogspot.com/2006/02/qi-inspirations.html

Hope you like...

Katebit
108507.  Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:26 am Reply with quote

That's brilliant, thanks so much!

I'm a bit disappointed it's not an Anglo-Saxon one, but my curiosity is sated for now!

Page 1 of 1