Page 3 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Sebastian flyte
268302.  Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:24 pm Reply with quote

http://youtube.com/watch?v=74AzD2wfu-g

indigo fugit
268352.  Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:49 pm Reply with quote

Sebastian flyte wrote:
I think its the ladybuns that do the digging and men make a little scratch to lie down in, although I might be wrong. No idea about the dirt pile though, do they beat it into the walls of the burrow with those nice big feet?

<awaits Klaxon>

Apparently the rabbit starts at the other end.

I apologise-----I know it’s a bit weak but I found it amusing.

Sebastian flyte
278977.  Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:01 am Reply with quote

Rabbits have three sets of eyelids. A lot of the digestion is done in the cecum which is a bit on the end of one of the intestines, in rabbits this is a lot bigger than the stomach. The poop that they eat are called cecotropes and are nutrient rich poops made in the cecum. They have two different types of poop they eat the soft ones (yum yum) and leave the hard ones. Their diet has a lot of things that are hard to digest, cellulose I think? so they have a sort of food processing thing going on, to get the nutrients.

Eric the Underwriter
295175.  Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:21 am Reply with quote

No earth at the entry to rabbit warrens?

A> Eat it?
B> Bunny bath?
C> They sell it to garden centres, to keep them in fags?

indigo fugit
295740.  Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:33 am Reply with quote

Eric the Underwriter wrote:
No earth at the entry to rabbit warrens?

C> They sell it to garden centres, to keep them in fags?

It is true that rabbits will have sex with most things that do not run away.

It is true that the saying goes ‘Always take the doe to the buck’.

It is not true that this can be amended to ‘Take the buck to the buck’.

No matter how much they wallow in dirt, they still have a bunny morality.

Sebastian flyte
314394.  Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:50 am Reply with quote

You know when you are insane when you consider your pet rabbit to be an artist. He has been given pages from my old copies of vogue one at a time, his first few nibbling attempts I put down to coincidence and the fact that the models are usually centred to the middle of each page, as it does seem that he cuts them out with his teeth. the most recent finished masterpiece shows the model with her head to the side he has nibbled round this eating into only a bit of her hair. he has nibbled at the place between her legs and has taken out one eye. His work in progress seems to take the same theme, I do believe he is cutting her out too. It is obviously silly but I am going to buy him a book to keep them in, the odd odd little man. It could be marketable you never really know. :)

(also in 'How do you know you are insane')

AndyMcH
314416.  Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:10 am Reply with quote

Quote:
He has been given pages from my old copies of vogue

I think this deserves a thread all to itself... :)

Sebastian flyte
314425.  Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:16 am Reply with quote

:) Indeed.

Sebastian flyte
408952.  Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:14 pm Reply with quote

I have been trying to work out how to write the sounds that a rabbit makes. Cows go mooooo and bunnies go 'mn mn mn mn mn' quite low and deep. I think this is his romantic voice as he was with his friend (toy bunny) Margot Bumcross. He makes these sounds quite a lot. :)

Sebastian flyte
415070.  Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:39 pm Reply with quote

Further to the rabbit noises he made a goosey honking quack noise today you know how geese make that little soft beak shut honking when they walk along? A little like that but he ended the 'sentence' with a sort of quack much softer than a duck or goose but very like that.

indigo fugit
415202.  Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:41 am Reply with quote

There is a psychiatrist somewhere who is using this thread to write his next book.

CB27
415399.  Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:38 am Reply with quote

Don't look Seb, but it's nature at it's cruellest

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2008/09/29/eaheron129.xml

Colle
442941.  Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:25 am Reply with quote

Actually, rabbits can squeal really loudly!
I remember Freeby running away for two days. We thought he was gone for good, but he woke my mother up in the middle of the night by screeching and squealing at the front door. The poor thing had a terrible cold. But he recovered and, he must have learned his lesson, never ran away again.
My first rabbit, Weißpfötchen, also started screaming once for no apparent reason. Back then I told my babysitter, but she didn't believe me!
But none of my rabbits was amusing as Hoppel. He couldn't catch Fynn, so we had to hold her for him. When he had finally found the right end and was finished, he made an awkward noise, like a kitten, and fell onto his back, absolutely knackered.

Sadly, all of my eight rabbits fell victim to a disease. My sister got herself a new one. We called him Lolli.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfOKayc0DIk

CB27
442955.  Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:03 am Reply with quote

Keep your rabbits away from Craig David.

:)

Colle
466138.  Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:04 am Reply with quote

You know, I only just got the Craig David reference after watching an episode of Never Mind The Buzzcocks. ^^x*

Anyway, to answer the question why there isn't a huge pile of dirt in front of a rabbit burrow, I'd say it's because they make a huge carpet of dirt to lie down on, because they don't really like lying down on grass. They much rather prefer a patch of cool, even ground. Grass tickles their belly too much.

Page 3 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next