View previous topic | View next topic

Audience figures

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

grizzly
103762.  Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:54 pm Reply with quote

They did advertise it before the start of the series but not enough. Now they just make "and later, QI" mentions. The dog episode attracted some rather embarrassing jokes from the announcer.

JumpingJack
103764.  Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:34 pm Reply with quote

Woof woof!

MatC
103845.  Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:42 am Reply with quote

For what it's worth, I never saw series one of QI, partly because I kept seeing the trailer. Like most people, I have a really deep and uncontrollable hatred of trailers on radio and TV, and am very rarely able to bring myself to tune into a heavily trailered show.

It sometimes happens that I accidentally see or hear a series which I've been trailered off watching - and find that I like it. (The current Robin Hood is an example of that).

Trailers Cost Viewers - I'm convinced of it.

JumpingJack
103992.  Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:33 pm Reply with quote

Certainly agree with you on Robin Hood, Mat, so I guess it may be true in general.

Jenny
104014.  Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:47 pm Reply with quote

Mat - do you distinguish between adverts and trailers? We get a lot of trailers of comedy shows here, that are clips of the show. By the time you get to watch it you've heard all the best jokes. OTOH, the advert for QI with the swearing parrot had me in hysterics (although it is true that I only saw it on the internet, so only a couple of times).

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2