View previous topic | View next topic

Series S

Page 1 of 1

Celebaelin
1389953.  Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:17 am Reply with quote

Silly me; because Series S started last Thursday I assumed that there would be another tomorrow.

There isn't.

Am I the only person to find the irregular airing times and dates of recent series irritating?

CB27
1389968.  Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:05 pm Reply with quote

Maybe it's Silly for series S?

Brock
1389970.  Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:31 pm Reply with quote

Celebaelin wrote:
Silly me; because Series S started last Thursday I assumed that there would be another tomorrow.

There isn't.

The BBC website says that episode 2 will be broadcast at 10pm tomorrow:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000zr1q

Do you have some other source of information?

Celebaelin
1389987.  Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:52 pm Reply with quote

No, no further information.

I'd checked the 9pm slot for the whole week but had somehow managed not to notice that it was on in the 10pm slot (despite it being marked for recording with a big red R).

This is however a minor example of what I'm talking about - putting it on an hour later than last week has caused me to make a fool of myself and it's all the BBC's fault... well, it's at least partially the BBC's fault.

Brock
1389989.  Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:59 pm Reply with quote

Well the BBC website says that last week's episode was broadcast at 10pm as well. I don't have a TV, so I don't know if that's right, but it looks to me as though this week's broadcast is in the same slot as last week's.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000zhgm

Celebaelin
1390130.  Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:56 am Reply with quote

My Sky recording says it was on at 9:00 and that was certainly my recollection - if it was just a matter of my memory I'd have some doubt - but it isn't.

I checked the broadcast time so I'd know what time slot to look in which is what caused the whole confusion in the first place. Double checking because of how implausible that sounds I now find that yesterdays recording shows up as having been recorded at 9:00 as well when as we know it was actually on at 10:00! So I apologise to the BBC and must re-direct my finger wagging towards Sky whilst conceding that it clearly doesn't take much of an error on the part of other people to confuse me.

suze
1390167.  Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:46 am Reply with quote

Celebaelin wrote:
Yesterdays recording shows up as having been recorded at 9:00 as well when as we know it was actually on at 10:00!

Does your recording device know that we are currently using British Summer Time?

If it doesn't, it will think it's 9.00 when most of us think it's 10.00.

Celebaelin
1390211.  Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:24 am Reply with quote

It does seem that the discrepancy is across the board - e.g. Only Connect is shown as being recorded at 7:00 when it's shown on the Sky schedules as being on at the (correct) time of 8:00.

Failure to account for BST seems a likely explanation but exactly when this started is a different matter - perhaps I've just not noticed it before but I'd have thought that was unlikely bearing in mind I've had Sky for decades.

Page 1 of 1