View previous topic | View next topic

Sticky and non-sticky threads

Page 1 of 1

Brock
1387867.  Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:58 am Reply with quote

I'm really sorry - I've messed things up and I knew something like this would happen!

We were discussing possible locations for the next QI meet-up in the dedicated "sticky" thread. I wanted to set up a poll, so I created a new thread for it as you can't add polls to existing threads. Predictably, the discussion migrated from the "sticky" thread to the poll thread.

Because it's not a "sticky" thread, the poll thread is now moving further and further down the list of threads in General Banter, while the abandoned "sticky" thread remains near the top. This was not my intention!

Please could Jenny or one of the moderators add "sticky" status to the poll thread (this one), so that it appears near the top again? Thanks.

Jenny
1387911.  Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:24 am Reply with quote

Will do!

Jenny
1387913.  Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:33 am Reply with quote

A an FYI, when starting a topic I think (unless this is something I only see as a moderator) you have the option of making it sticky. Anyway, I edited your first post on that thread and made the thread sticky.

Brock
1387920.  Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:48 am Reply with quote

Thanks very much!

PDR
1387949.  Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:30 pm Reply with quote

Jenny wrote:
A an FYI, when starting a topic I think (unless this is something I only see as a moderator) you have the option of making it sticky.

No, I think that is one of the moderator/admin superpowers - like banning people, controlling the weather and understanding women. Such powers are not granted to mere mortals...

PDR

Brock
1387952.  Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:50 pm Reply with quote

Yes, and I've tried to add Avebury and the various other options to the poll, only to discover that I don't have the power to do it, even though I started the thread. Aaarrrggghhh!

Never mind, I'm sure Jenny can sort it out again...

Jenny
1387987.  Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:47 am Reply with quote

I've added Avebury.

Normally to add a poll option you have to edit your initial post - the one in which you set up the poll - and after adding the option you click 'update' next to it. Again, I am not sure if this is a moderator thing or not.

Brock
1387988.  Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:48 am Reply with quote

No, I'm afraid I tried that and it didn't work - seems like another thing that only the moderator can do! Thanks again.

Page 1 of 1