View previous topic | View next topic

Handy Hancock

Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

jaygeemack
1383864.  Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:18 pm Reply with quote

What does it take for a government minister to resign nowadays? Matt Hancockís behaviour is wrong on so many levels that his position must now be untenable.

tetsabb
1383874.  Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:06 pm Reply with quote

Someone has pointed out that revelations about Hancick could just be a dead cat diversion to take attention away from the report from the Bational Audit Office about what a disaster the Track'n'Trace has been.

Alexander Howard
1383883.  Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:05 pm Reply with quote

On track & trace, I still reckon it could have been done by a spotty computer geek for a crate of beers. If you look at what they paid for it, NASA could have sent ten probes to Mars for that. At least the probe worked.

PDR
1383890.  Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:56 pm Reply with quote

Alexander Howard wrote:
On track & trace, I still reckon it could have been done by a spotty computer geek for a crate of beers. If you look at what they paid for it, NASA could have sent ten probes to Mars for that. At least the probe worked.

Could you perhaps enlighten us as to the details of you extensive experience and qualifications that are the basis of this suggestion. Or is this just you jerking off again?

PDR

barbados
1383927.  Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:13 am Reply with quote

PDR wrote:
Alexander Howard wrote:

Could you perhaps enlighten us as to the details of you extensive experience and qualifications that are the basis of this suggestion. Or is this just you jerking off again?

PDR

Which bit are you asking for clarification on?

crissdee
1383939.  Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:30 am Reply with quote

I would have thought it was pretty obvious myself. He is asking AH to explain what experience he has of creating a nationwide tracking system, so that he can say with such assurance that the government did it wrong.

barbados
1383942.  Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:56 am Reply with quote

Surely the fact it didnít work as require would confirm it was done incorrectly?

crissdee
1383960.  Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:17 pm Reply with quote

Or that it was an impossible task.

Alexander Howard
1383961.  Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:18 pm Reply with quote

All is based on those repeated conversations at work:

"The outcome and the tax figure are determined by an insanely complicated set of criteria, date cut-offs, bands which change according to circumstances, type, location and personal circumstances, and then there is a mathematical formula with symbols I do not understand. The government published an online system for calculating all this, and the site has gone down!"

Me: "No need to worry: over lunch I programmed an Excel sheet to do it all."

(I don't do mobile apps though. I bought a book on it once, but it was like opening "Teach Yourself Basic Japanese" only to find the book written entirely in Japanese.)

tetsabb
1383964.  Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:42 pm Reply with quote

Mat Hancock has resigned as Health Secretary!

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall of his home yesterday evening. It might have been a bit chilly, mind...

Brock
1383965.  Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:45 pm Reply with quote

tetsabb wrote:
Mat Hancock has resigned as Health Secretary!

Ooh, it's very rarely that I learn the latest news from this forum. Thanks.

crissdee
1383967.  Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:17 pm Reply with quote

Alexander Howard wrote:
All is based on those repeated conversations at work:

"The outcome and the tax figure [blah, blah,blah] and the site has gone down!"

Are you seriously claiming that your ability to create a spreadsheet qualifies you to critically assess a nationwide tracking programme???

I know almost c*ck-all about computers, and I have managed to create a couple of spreadsheets with a little guidance.

Last edited by crissdee on Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Leith
1383969.  Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:29 pm Reply with quote

Alexander Howard wrote:

They already tried that approach if you recall:
BBC News: Covid: Test error 'should never have happened' - Hancock

Alexander Howard
1383970.  Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:35 pm Reply with quote

No - I'm just cynical about the figures that big contractors manage to get out of Whitehall. If what they did worked, it would not matter as much.

The NASA budget for the Perseverance programme is $2.7 billion, equivalent to approximately £2 billion. The Track and Trace budget was standing at £22 billion in January. That is eleven Mars programmes. One reached a distant planet - the other did not get off the ground.

Alexander Howard
1383973.  Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:03 pm Reply with quote

Breaking news - Sajid Javid has just accepted the poisoned chalice.

Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next