View previous topic | View next topic

Harry - Meghan Interview

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

PDR
1376615.  Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:22 pm Reply with quote

Jenny wrote:
But what about the Jewish space lasers?

Just stay where you are, you've clearly been overdoing it. There will be a knock on the door in a minute and some helpful care workers will take you off on a nice holiday somewhere warm and safe. You'll get a private room all to yourself, short daily exercise and a complementary Trump-coloured Onesie...

PDR

Alexander Howard
1376813.  Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:54 pm Reply with quote

I watched a discussion (it wasn't on this forum was it?) where the complete insanity of the QAnon thing was raised. Then someone pointed to two Wikipedia entries:

On QAnon, it describes it as a disproven and discredited conspiracy theory alleging that a secret cabal of pedophiles is running a global child sex-trafficking ring. The other article was on Jeffrey Epstein...

bobwilson
1376854.  Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:31 pm Reply with quote

QAnon is indeed a "disproven and discredited conspiracy theory alleging that a secret cabal of pedophiles is running a global child sex-trafficking ring" - that doesn't mean there isn't such a ring, though. It just means that the QAnon alleged ring is total fiction.

It also suggests that QAnon a) is well aware of said ring (maybe even a participant - "proud boys" can have several meanings) and b) is more interested in besmirching the name of whomsoever he pleases than in dismantling said ring.

Which, in my book, makes him as guilty as, if not even more than, the actual abusers.

Brock
1376855.  Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:26 am Reply with quote

bobwilson wrote:
QAnon is indeed a "disproven and discredited conspiracy theory alleging that a secret cabal of pedophiles is running a global child sex-trafficking ring" - that doesn't mean there isn't such a ring, though. It just means that the QAnon alleged ring is total fiction.

It also suggests that QAnon a) is well aware of said ring (maybe even a participant - "proud boys" can have several meanings) and b) is more interested in besmirching the name of whomsoever he pleases than in dismantling said ring.

Which, in my book, makes him as guilty as, if not even more than, the actual abusers.

Who do "he" and "him" refer to in the above? I thought QAnon was a theory, not a person.

Alexander Howard
1376858.  Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:35 am Reply with quote

There is someone who posts or posted as "Q", and he made the whole thing up. Others ran with it. As far as I read it, the original "Q" pretends to be an American government official with special clearance, but he is more likely to be a spotty teen with a talent for pulp fiction.

As posted above, this "Q" cannot actually believe what he posted because it is, in the technical Latin phrase omnis testiculi, but it was a clever way to grab attention by jumping on the fear of the age. Carl ("Nick") Beech did the same with what was basically the same conspiracy idea, and that time several police forces took it so seriously that there were arrests and reputations trashed.

The revelation of a small ring of people like Epstein is 'proof' to those who need some grounding for baseless conspiracies. You could equally say that those who invent these things are inspired by such cases.

Then again, there was that scandal in Belgium several years back which was apparently genuine - but again it does not make QAnon anything other than a pathetic delusion.

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2