View previous topic | View next topic

Harry - Meghan Interview

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

jaygeemack
1376520.  Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:31 am Reply with quote

I am a committed democrat and republican and would abolish the monarchy and all its trappings tomorrow, given the chance.

However, I have watched over the last few years the onslaught of criticism that Meghan has received from the tabloid press and social media, which has always had an undertone of racism.

The obnoxious Piers Morgan is a case in point. He has been unrelenting and vitriolic in his abuse of Meghan. He says he is an advocate of free speech and criticises the snowflake culture, but flounced off GMB like a spoiled schoolgirl yesterday when someone dared criticise him and express an opposing opinion.

The irony meter must have gone off the scale.

jaygeemack
1376521.  Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:33 am Reply with quote

I meant to put this post in the What Fresh Hell is this forum. Apologies.

cornixt
1376527.  Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:19 am Reply with quote

I saw the video and it was hilarious. His co-host must have struck a nerve for Piers not to even respond to it. I'm still amazed that he was still getting jobs that involved him giving his opinion on anything, he's such a loathsome man.

I couldn't care less about harry and Megan, but until this week they were easily avoidable and I managed it fine other than the odd headline. The mischaracterisation of what she said in the interview, regardless of whether it is true or not, really shows how biased people are against her. The obsessive hate from people is incredible - I have sympathy for her now simply due to the crazy outbursts against her. But I still wish that people would stop giving them publicity so that I can go back to not hearing about the couple again.

CB27
1376545.  Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:24 pm Reply with quote

I don't read tabloids or social media news, so I'm not aware of what was reported about them or not.

If there's a case for racism to be answered, report it, and if possible, prosecute for it.

But do I need to hear about them in every news headline and every other programme?

Not belittling any claims made, but to someone like me who doesn't care about the story (and I guess there are many others), the level of publicity this is getting is coming across like a huge promotion tour.

In the US they don't seem to mind this level of promotion, it seems to be expected, but how is it going down here in the UK? I'm not really seeing it mentioned among my friends and colleagues, is that similar to what other people are seeing?

Brock
1376546.  Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:29 pm Reply with quote

CB27 wrote:

Not belittling any claims made, but to someone like me who doesn't care about the story (and I guess there are many others), the level of publicity this is getting is coming across like a huge promotion tour.

I agree. What really annoyed me was that before the interview was even broadcast, the BBC was playing promotional clips on its news bulletins. I wasn't aware that the BBC was there to promote rival broadcasters.

Quote:
In the US they don't seem to mind this level of promotion, it seems to be expected, but how is it going down here in the UK? I'm not really seeing it mentioned among my friends and colleagues, is that similar to what other people are seeing?

It got 12.4 million viewers on ITV. Needless to say I wasn't one of them.

Brock
1376547.  Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:36 pm Reply with quote

jaygeemack wrote:

The obnoxious Piers Morgan is a case in point. He has been unrelenting and vitriolic in his abuse of Meghan. He says he is an advocate of free speech and criticises the snowflake culture, but flounced off GMB like a spoiled schoolgirl yesterday when someone dared criticise him and express an opposing opinion.

I've read that he was looking for an excuse to leave the programme anyway.

PDR
1376548.  Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:02 pm Reply with quote

Megan who?

PDR

tetsabb
1376549.  Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:06 pm Reply with quote

It's not like there's anything important going on, is it?
I mean, we don't really need to be distracted from Covid, Brexit, Qanon.....

AlmondFacialBar
1376553.  Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:14 pm Reply with quote

CB27 wrote:

I do care about the story to some extent, but of course it's a huge promotion tour, was there ever any doubt about that? They've just signed a deal with Netflix and need to put themselves out there to get people to watch whatever they actually come up with there, hence onto the celebrity circuit they go.

:-)

AlmondFacialBar

Brock
1376554.  Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:18 pm Reply with quote

tetsabb wrote:
It's not like there's anything important going on, is it?
I mean, we don't really need to be distracted from Covid, Brexit, Qanon.....

QAnon is an American far-right conspiracy theory. Is it something I should be worried about?

PDR
1376563.  Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:08 pm Reply with quote

Well if it morphs into QInon the site could be blacklisted in the colonies.

PDR

tetsabb
1376577.  Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:41 am Reply with quote

You mean that theory that Sandi Toksvig and Stephen Fry are at the heart of the paedophile sex ring based at Pizza Express, Woking, funded by liberal-voting space lizards?
My cousin's plumber's boyfriend told me he had heard all about it in a lock-in in a pub in Much Markle just before lockdown.
All sound pretty kosher to me.

PDR
1376581.  Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:29 am Reply with quote

Obvious conspiracy bunkum. Pizza Express don't offer kosher pizzas, as any fule nose. Never mind the obviously fake claim that anyone voters liberal these days...

PDR

Jenny
1376607.  Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:06 pm Reply with quote

But what about the Jewish space lasers?

CB27
1376611.  Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:12 pm Reply with quote

From now on, that's what I'm calling the laser I use to exercise my cat with.

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next