View previous topic | View next topic

Internet privacy?

Page 4 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

PDR
1379563.  Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:02 pm Reply with quote

I could make a confident stab at identifying those top two, mainly because they would be the only ones with enduring static IPs. I decided to keep the previous post simple (for once) and so I didn't include the other issue - that most home-user IP addresses are not constant, but are "leased" for between one and ninety days, after which they get renewed and replaced. For most people this has no effect unless they are trying to host a website (which needs an enduring static IP so that the Domain Name Servers can index it). You can usually negotiate a static I from your ISP, but it comes with extra costs and you need to be a bit more conscientious with your firewall settings once you have it.

The other IPs will probably be mostly ones that have been my home IPs (of which there are two at any one time) and they will change every 2-3 months which is why there are so many of them...

PDR

kirito
1384927.  Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:54 am Reply with quote

Alfred E Neuman wrote:
My problem is that even if Iíve got one contact who stays on WhatsApp, then Iím stuck with keeping it installed. And if thatís the case, I might as well just keep using it as I do now.Visit here

absolutely...not just wapp, if one of my friend is using any other app, i will install that too to keep in touch with him.

Page 4 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4