View previous topic | View next topic

N - series DVD

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

HeatherM7
1354762.  Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:48 pm Reply with quote

Are any of the Sandi series ever going to be on DVD? I have got 1,2,3 & 4 box sets and waiting for the next one.

toxicgeek
1359658.  Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:48 am Reply with quote

I'd like to know too. Seems like ages since the Fry sets of DVDs finished, and surely we could anticipate an N-P set soon?

robbertvdd
1373453.  Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:13 pm Reply with quote

I've got the same question. I own all four boxsets, containing all episodes with Stephen Fry. For several years I've been asking for the new seasons with Sandi Toksvig to be released on DVD. I've sent emails to the BBC, Talkback, Fremantle, the QI Elves. The only ones to ever answer were the BBC, but they said it was up to Fremantle to decide. However, they never answered any of my emails.

I absolutely love this show and I want to own all episodes on DVD. I know QI has many international fans. I'm also one those people who loves QI, but isn't British. This means I can't even use BBC iPlayer, even I wanted to. I just have to rely on illegal streams and downloads. I'm always telling them in my emails they're currently not getting any money from me, as I'm using illegal streams and downloads to watch their show. However, I do really want to give them my money, as QI is my favourite programme of all-time. So, please, allow me to show my support for your great show by giving me the possibility to spend my money on your DVDs.

Like I said, QI has many fans all over the world. Why do we have to rely on illegal streams and downloads? We don't want to be pirates. We're fans who are willing to pay. It's just that we're not given the chance to do so. So, please, release those DVDs, so we can show our support for this fantastic show by buying those DVDs.

toxicgeek
1373805.  Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:00 pm Reply with quote

I'm another voice in the wilderness clamouring for more DVDs. At this point, couldn't there be an N-Q compilation? I'd rather have the real thing on DVD too, rather than relying on pirated, low quality streams. I'd willingly pay to support this show that has supported me through so much of the past year. It's my go-to exercise background! So much more comfortable to keep on pedalling when you've got Sandi & Alan & guests to make you laugh.

eggshaped
1374126.  Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:38 am Reply with quote

Hi guys. This is something that has never come up in any QI discussions that I've ever been involved in. So there's no immediate plans, that's for sure.

However, I'll speak to the bosses and see how likely it is, and report back.

eggshaped
1374412.  Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:23 am Reply with quote

I mentioned it in a meeting on Thursday. The initial response was that it would be quite a tough thing to make happen, and that there’s probably not much of a market for it. But we’ll have a look.

robbertvdd
1374446.  Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:29 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for answering.

Why would it be a tough thing to make happen? You were able to do it with every single episode that Stephen Fry has ever presented. So, why would it now suddenly be so difficult to do?

Not much of a market for it? Look at all of the crap that's being released these days and people still buy. So, why wouldn't they buy a series N-Q compilation of QI? It's one of the most popular shows on British television and not only is it popular is Britain, but it's enjoyed by people from all over the world. On the websites with illegal streams and downloads I'm always reading comments from fans from the US, Norway, Germany and other countries. These people aren't pirating because they aren't willing to pay, but because they don't have any other choice than to pirate.

I've just watched the latest episode of QI XL and I was laughing so hard, my mother thought I was having a stroke. She was downstairs and heard strange sounds coming from my room. She came upstairs and opened the door of my room with the most terrified expression I've ever seen on someone's face. She asked what was going on and I said I was just watching QI. She said: "Well, apparently it's really funny. You scared the Hell out of me. It sounded as if you were having a stroke."

If a show is so funny my mother thinks I'm having a stroke, then it has to be really good and those who make this show just deserve to get my money. However, of course I had to watch a pirated version of this latest episode of QI. So, what do the makers of QI want? Do they want us fans to just keep on pirating or do they actually want to get some money from their fans? I've got my Credit Card ready to pre-order any new DVD's the moment they're announced.

I'd just keep on bringing it up in your meetings. I just can't imagine there isn't a market for DVDs of such a popular show.

CB27
1374593.  Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:22 am Reply with quote

As someone who's never bought a box series anything of the like, I don't know how popular they might or might not be.

However, I did noticed that three of the more recent series were added to Netflix UK by way of a friend who mentioned watching them for the first time, and on his behalf I'm asking if any of the previous series will also be available on Netflix, and on behalf of viewers elsewhere, will they be made available for other regions outside the UK or other streaming services? Could the copyright issue be circumnavigated that way?

Jenny
1374642.  Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:13 pm Reply with quote

The current series was shown on Britbox, which is where I'm watching it on my side of the Atlantic.

toxicgeek
1377396.  Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:54 pm Reply with quote

I've gone so far as to buy a region-free DVD player so I can play the previous compiled series region 2 DVDs here in Canada. I will definitely buy one and know so many people here who love QI. Right now, the only source is eBay. Yes, they're available to stream, but I'd honestly rather pay the originators for something I can play when I want to than either view pirated versions or have to subscribe to a streaming service I might not use otherwise. It also seems odd to me that most British sellers (other than on eBay) won't ship region 2 DVDs offshore to other regions.
Please, do bring this up and say there's definitely a North American market.

Last edited by toxicgeek on Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

robbertvdd
1378419.  Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:09 am Reply with quote

toxicgeek wrote:
I've gone so far as to buy a region-free DVD player so I can play the previous compiled series region 2 DVDs here in Canada. I will definitely buy one and no so many people here who love QI. Right now, the only source is eBay. Yes, they're available to stream, but I'd honestly rather pay the originators for something I can play when I want to than either view pirated versions or have to subscribe to a streaming service I might not use otherwise. It also seems odd to me that most British sellers (other than on eBay) won't ship region 2 DVDs offshore to other regions.
Please, do bring this up and say there's definitely a North American market.

Wow, you've bought a region-free DVD player to watch QI in Canada. Amazing. Thanks for sharing your interesting story with us.

Come on, people from QI. Please, release this fantastic show on DVD. We fans are willing to pay for your masterpiece that's called QI, but instead we're watching pirated downloads and streams.

All episodes with Stephen Fry have been released on both separate DVDs and on four nice boxsets. Why are you suddenly being so stubborn and not releasing any of the new episodes with Sandi Toksviq on DVD?

Awitt
1378425.  Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:39 am Reply with quote

I'm the same in Australia. Only ever get random odd past episodes shown on our ABC, I don't subscribe to Netflix or other streaming services as I can't afford the fees if there are any.

And I'd rather watch these things originally made for tv on my tv, not the computer.

robbertvdd
1378451.  Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:16 pm Reply with quote

Wow, Australia. That's exactly my point: QI is such a great show, it has fans from all over the world. I really don't understand why they don't see the potential of a DVD set containing the episodes with Sandi Toksvig.

I've seen all of the episodes with Stephen Fry so many times and I just keep on watching them over and over again. The episodes with Sandi Toksvig, on the other hand, I just watch once and then usually don't rewatch them. Why? It's certainly not because I don't enjoy them, but it's because I don't own them on DVD. Every time I want to watch one of those newer episodes I always have to connect my laptop to my television and then find an illegal stream just to be able to watch one of these episodes. It's just too much of a hassle for me and usually I just end up putting one my DVDs in my DVD player and rewacthing another episode with Stephen Fry for the fortieth time.

StephenToksvig
1380723.  Mon May 03, 2021 7:45 am Reply with quote

I've registered to these forums just for the sake of asking for the release of a DVD boxset with the new episodes. I already own all the old episodes on DVD and keep on watching them over and over. However, for many years now, I've been waiting for the new episodes to be released on DVD. After all of those years I'm still waiting, even though I've lost all hope it's ever going to happen.

I'm from Iceland and I discovered this fantastic show on BBC Entertainment (now BBC Britt). After discovering this show I didn't even watch any other channels. I was just watching QI on BBC Britt/Entertainment all day long.

When I like a movie or show this much I just want to own it on DVD (or Blu-ray or 4k Blu-ray), so I bought these four boxsets containing all episodes from series A to M. Not only does this make me feel good, as I'm actually paying a sum of money to reward those who make this show, but it also means I can watch whatever episode I want whenever I want, without having to rely on whatever is currently being broadcast on television.

Could you please release a boxset with the new episodes? Please, I want to add the new episodes to my collection.

robbertvdd
1383516.  Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:59 pm Reply with quote

Summer 2021 is about the start and still they haven't released any new DVDs. I just can't believe they won't release any new series on DVD. Did the four boxsets containing series A to M really sell that bad?

StephenToksvig wrote:
I've registered to these forums just for the sake of asking for the release of a DVD boxset with the new episodes. I already own all the old episodes on DVD and keep on watching them over and over. However, for many years now, I've been waiting for the new episodes to be released on DVD. After all of those years I'm still waiting, even though I've lost all hope it's ever going to happen.

I'm from Iceland and I discovered this fantastic show on BBC Entertainment (now BBC Britt). After discovering this show I didn't even watch any other channels. I was just watching QI on BBC Britt/Entertainment all day long.

When I like a movie or show this much I just want to own it on DVD (or Blu-ray or 4k Blu-ray), so I bought these four boxsets containing all episodes from series A to M. Not only does this make me feel good, as I'm actually paying a sum of money to reward those who make this show, but it also means I can watch whatever episode I want whenever I want, without having to rely on whatever is currently being broadcast on television.

Could you please release a boxset with the new episodes? Please, I want to add the new episodes to my collection.

Wow, another international fan to add to the list of people waiting for new DVDs. Thanks for your great story. It's just such a shame they completely stopped releasing DVDs when Sandi took over from Stephen. Those episodes with Stephen are great to own on DVD, but I also want the episodes with Sandi in my DVD collection.

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next