View previous topic | View next topic

The "Blackboard/Chalkboard" thing

Page 7 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

dr.bob
1342656.  Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:02 am Reply with quote

barbados wrote:
The meaning was that we should, as a word with negative connotations, be discussing it, in a discussion about the negative connotations of some words (blame is to responsibility as black is to hot - as in crime black/hot spot)

Then why did you then proceed to suggest that "Perhaps we should replace it with responsibility"?

I drew the same conclusion as crissdee about there being a missing "not" in your post. However, I didn't raise the point because you tend to get rather prickly if I suggest your meaning is in any way unclear.

barbados
1342666.  Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:13 pm Reply with quote

dr.bob wrote:
barbados wrote:
The meaning was that we should, as a word with negative connotations, be discussing it, in a discussion about the negative connotations of some words (blame is to responsibility as black is to hot - as in crime black/hot spot)

Then why did you then proceed to suggest that "Perhaps we should replace it with responsibility"?

As I said, responsibility doesnít have the same negative connotations that blame does.
Iím not sure how many more times I can say that?????????

barbados
1342667.  Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:14 pm Reply with quote

dr.bob wrote:
barbados wrote:

As I said, responsibility doesnít have the same negative connotations that blame does.
Iím not sure how many more times I can say that?????????

Jenny
1342672.  Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:31 pm Reply with quote

Well you've done it twice so far...

barbados
1342681.  Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:41 pm Reply with quote

I can understand being asked the first time, it did read awkwardly. But all I can is repeat the explanation

dr.bob
1342712.  Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:59 am Reply with quote

barbados wrote:
I can understand being asked the first time, it did read awkwardly. But all I can is repeat the explanation

Just for clarification, did you miss out the word "do" from that post?

barbados
1342713.  Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:40 am Reply with quote

Yes

Page 7 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7