View previous topic | View next topic

Funny of the Day

Page 24 of 35
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Celebaelin
1335682.  Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:23 pm Reply with quote

Technically a new day so...

Tell someone you love them today because life is beautiful. Shout it at them in German though because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Efros
1336034.  Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:20 pm Reply with quote

There can be wind in space.

crissdee
1336143.  Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:01 pm Reply with quote

Surfing through YT after a link in "20 songs" I found "Young Girl" by Gary Puckett. Amongst the subsequent comments;

"it's ok for a young girl or guy to have sex with an older person, and not be prosecuted for it, but not ok the other way around?"

Whaaaa?????

extremophilesheep
1336363.  Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:11 pm Reply with quote

Oh that just completely warped my head. "No officer, I wasn't haven sex with her, she was having sex with me."

Efros
1336542.  Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:33 am Reply with quote

For that person who always seems to get whooshed

PDR
1337017.  Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:54 am Reply with quote

Yesterday one of my apprentices had clearly been browsing through the categories of Special Leave - she called me to advise that she was taking her driving test on Tuesday, and asked if she could claim the day as "Exam Leave" (and Monday as "Study Leave").

Nice try!

PDR

PDR
1337018.  Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:01 am Reply with quote

extremophilesheep wrote:
Oh that just completely warped my head. "No officer, I wasn't haven sex with her, she was having sex with me."

I think the point being made is that it is illegal for people of any sex/gender under the age of consent to have sex. But where it's a male-female event it's usually only the male who gets prosecuted. Where two 14-year-olds are caught in bed the boy will get prosecuted and potentially put on the sex offender's register, but the girl usually won't even be prosecuted (let alone convicted).

The assumption appears to be that a 14 year old boy always knows what he is doing and must be held responsible for his actions, whereas a 14 year old girl is presumed to be immature and not responsible for her actions. This is strange since (by and large) teenage girls are usually more emotionally mature than their male contemporaries - it's just one area where the law has yet to expunge sexual bias.

PDR

Alfred E Neuman
1337021.  Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:16 am Reply with quote

PDR wrote:
The assumption appears to be that a 14 year old boy always knows what he is doing and must be held responsible for his actions, whereas a 14 year old girl is presumed to be immature and not responsible for her actions. This is strange since (by and large) teenage girls are usually more emotionally mature than their male contemporaries - it's just one area where the law has yet to expunge sexual bias.

While I agree that the law still needs to expunge a lot of sexual bias, I donít agree with your assumption as to why boys are more likely to be prosecuted than girls. Iím not even sure if I agree that boys are more likely to be prosecuted. Perhaps that statement needs to be backed up with some facts.

Iíd say (assuming boys are prosecuted more) that itís more likely because boys are often older than the girl, but also that sex at that age is often something that boys Ďdoí and girls Ďhave done to themí. But itís pretty pointless arguing a hypothesis when youíre simultaneously questioning the assumption that itís based on, so Iíll stop there.

suze
1337086.  Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:53 pm Reply with quote

PDR wrote:
But where it's a male-female event it's usually only the male who gets prosecuted. Where two 14-year-olds are caught in bed the boy will get prosecuted and potentially put on the sex offender's register, but the girl usually won't even be prosecuted (let alone convicted).

In practice, it is rare for a prosecution to be brought in those circumstances. If both participants are under the age of consent but it is clear to the police that the activity was de facto consensual, it is usual for the police to "offer advice" but then leave the matter to the participants' parents. The feeling is that it is not normally in the public interest to bring a prosecution, and I would largely agree with that.

Celebaelin
1337098.  Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:56 pm Reply with quote

Just heard an advert for a kiddies toy on the telly (yes it's that time of year again everyone) which ended with a sweet little girl's voice singing

Quote:
Do your ears hang low
Do they wobble to and fro

to the tune of the sailors hornpipe.

Singularly inappropriate in the contemporary climate but smirkworthy on first hearing.

Quote:
A common belief is that the lyrics refer to the long ears of a hound. It appears considerably more likely, however, that the song originated as the obscene "Do Your Balls Hang Low?", and was later sanitized.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Do_Your_Ears_Hang_Low%3F

The original ditty continues on a generally homosexual vibe BDSM theme which I won't trouble you with but is easily found on a Google search. Re-conceptualising the sanitised version to appeal to girls under 10 (I'm guessing a lot under 10 but I suppose that depends on the girl) doesn't seem like a great idea to me.

Guess what's in Santa's sack for you little girl... well not that perved out tat that's for sure!

tetsabb
1340142.  Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:59 pm Reply with quote

One of our units was dealing with an RTC today. There were allegations that someone had been 'drinking under the influence'.

Took me a moment

'yorz
1340149.  Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:17 pm Reply with quote

Celebaelin wrote:
A common belief is that the lyrics refer to the long ears of a hound. It appears considerably more likely, however, that the song originated as the obscene "Do Your Balls Hang Low?", and was later sanitized.

I am 99.9% positive that this song was sung by Larry Hagman and Patrick Duffy when in one Dallas episode Sue Ellen was in a Very Bad state in a hospital bed. Linda Gray was 'playing dead' and was doing a fine job until first JR and then Bobby began singing this song; she soon was corpsing like mad.

Footage of this event was shown in a Dallas-TV documentary.

Celebaelin
1340164.  Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:08 am Reply with quote

Bill Engvall

Bill Tries Marijuana
The Rest of the Marijuana Story

crissdee
1340199.  Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:54 pm Reply with quote

Reading a ten year old collection of newspaper cartoon strips, and this;

seemed appropriate. What that about plus ca change or something?

crissdee
1340202.  Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:10 pm Reply with quote

I just spent thirty seconds trying to delete a full stop in one of my posts, before realising it was a speck of dirt on the screen...........

Page 24 of 35
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 33, 34, 35  Next