View previous topic | View next topic

Reversable Music

Page 4 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

McCrack
345740.  Tue May 27, 2008 7:17 am Reply with quote

On the subject of 'hidden' tracks in music, there is also a trend for putting images in a spectograph(?) and being able to see these sounds as images when you analyze the track on a computer.

I know aphex twin has done one of these as has Venetian snares (from the song for my cats album)

http://www.bastwood.com/aphex.php

Blackpool Rule
346175.  Tue May 27, 2008 6:19 pm Reply with quote

i dony no why peaple think paul macartney is dead because in the day of his surposed death he had a minor motoercycle accif=dnet and chipped his tooth and cut his upper lip but if you ask me i think it is a case of chinese wispers

Blackpool Rule
346178.  Tue May 27, 2008 6:20 pm Reply with quote

Blackpool Rule wrote:
i dony no why peaple think paul macartney is dead because in the day of his surposed death he had a minor motoercycle accident and chipped his tooth and cut his upper lip but if you ask me i think it is a case of chinese wispers

Custard socks
355893.  Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:49 pm Reply with quote

Not backwards lyrics but a legendary backwards guitar solo.

After Pink Floyd founder member Syd Barrett's breakdown and subsequent gentle ousting from the band, he recorded two solo albums in 1970. The second, simply titled 'Barrett' features a rather beautiful if haunting song called 'Dominoes'.

At the end of a long and trying day's recording, Syd still couldn't nail the solo. It was suggested that the tape was 'turned over' (played backwards) and Syd played whatever he felt along to it.

When the tape was played the right way again, the now backwards solo fitted perfectly. What you hear is the one and only take.

Bondee
356046.  Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:15 am Reply with quote

Similarly, the second half of the bass solo in You Can Call Me Al is the first half played backwards.

AndyMcH
356242.  Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:39 pm Reply with quote

And of course another fantastic case of backwards music is Peek A Boo by Siouxsie & The Banshees.

How awesome is this ?

BFG
401899.  Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:45 am Reply with quote

The LP version of the Odd Couple by Gnarls Barkley features a bonus disk which consists of the entire original album, but backwards.

I guess they thought: if you want to ruin your needle, you might as well have some cool music playing while you're doing it.

The ELO album Secret Messages is full of backmasking. I haven't heard the album myself, but apparently it contains such satanic verses as "Welcome to the big show", "Thank you for listening", "Look out there's danger ahead", "Hup two three four", "Time After Time" and the rather nice "You're playing me backwards".

Page 4 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4