View previous topic | View next topic

Reply to comments in "20 songs" thread

Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Alfred E Neuman
1319388.  Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:47 am Reply with quote

GuyBarry wrote:
Just for reference, a list of the most recent categories in the "20 songs" thread.

Celebaelin (Mar 3) - Bread and bread products
Jenny (Mar 4) - Spring
suze (Mar 6) - Scents/smells/whiffs/pongs [proposed by 'yorz]
Celebaelin (Mar 8) - Angel(s)
Efros (Mar 8) - Devil
GuyBarry (Mar 9) - Lyrics that sound a lot less impressive when you take them literally
Celebaelin (Mar 20) - Aliens [finished by duglasbell @ hotmail.co.uk]
Celebaelin (Mar 22) - Sauces
duglasbell @ hotmail.co.uk (Mar 24) - Australasia
Celebaelin (Mar 27) - Scott Walker [proposed by 'yorz; finished by GuyBarry but opened to floor]
Efros (Mar 28) - Cold
Celebaelin (Mar 30) - Running
Celebaelin (Mar 31) - Change [finished by Stefan Linnemann]
Celebaelin (Apr 1) - Rooms of a house
Jenny (Apr 1) - Less than desirable people
GuyBarry (Apr 2) - Not to be confused with...
Stefan Linnemann (Apr 4) - Success after the band
Celebaelin (Apr 4) - Unctuous; slimy; oily; greasy; offensively suave and smug
AlmondFacialBar (Apr 6) - Songs that make you happy
Jenny (Apr 6) - Songs you always find yourself singing along to
Celebaelin (Apr 7) - Geometric shapes
Olinguito (Apr 7) - Tales [proposed for the previous category]
suze (Apr 9) - Heads
Celebaelin (Apr 10) - Communication
Celebaelin (Apr 12) - Shouting
If youíre trying to say something, perhaps you should have the guts to just say it.

GuyBarry
1319389.  Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:52 am Reply with quote

See post 1319370.

Alfred E Neuman
1319391.  Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:59 am Reply with quote

I see. So you can criticise someone in the thread itself, but this needs to be in a different thread?

And youíve gone from chivvying the thread along and losing sleep over it languishing (even before it languished) but now youíre telling others to relax because this isnít unusual. Isnít that just a little hypocritical?

Youíve lost the plot.

GuyBarry
1319393.  Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:16 am Reply with quote

Alfred E Neuman wrote:
I see. So you can criticise someone in the thread itself, but this needs to be in a different thread?

It would have been a tad disruptive to post all that to the "20 songs" thread itself, I think. Since this thread was already here it seemed to be the most appropriate place to do so.

Quote:
And youíve gone from chivvying the thread along and losing sleep over it languishing (even before it languished) but now youíre telling others to relax because this isnít unusual. Isnít that just a little hypocritical?

Not at all. Two days for a category is perfectly normal. It's when they start going on for over a week that they may need chivvying along a bit (as Celebaelin did to my "lyrics that are less impressive when you take them literally" category, for instance). I've no objection to that.

Quote:
Youíve lost the plot.

I don't believe so. To be honest, the last time you contributed to "20 songs" was over two months ago, so are you really in the best position to judge?

Alfred E Neuman
1319395.  Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:24 am Reply with quote

GuyBarry wrote:
To be honest, the last time you contributed to "20 songs" was over two months ago, so are you really in the best position to judge?

I believe so.

Iím not emotionally tied to the speed or direction of the thread, and as I donít have a horse in the race (being mostly a reader of the thread and not a poster) I have the benefit of some degree of impartiality. And finally, there is no evidence of me trying to take control of the running of the thread, as you keep doing.

If youíre claiming the right to shepherd the thread merely because you post often, then you really have lost the plot.

GuyBarry
1319396.  Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:33 am Reply with quote

I'm not trying to "take control". I just thought Celebaelin was being a bit over-eager on this occasion, first by posting two categories in a row without giving anyone else the chance to start one, and then by castigating other posters because they hadn't contributed to the latest category as fast as he'd like.

Anyway, I know by now not to take too much notice of anything you say, because you just like moaning at me. So I thought I'd indulge you.

Jenny
1319455.  Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:55 pm Reply with quote

You know, Guy, if you would just peaceably scroll on by and let it go, it would be easier all round. Nobody polices these things - they just happen.

GuyBarry
1319458.  Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:11 pm Reply with quote

And Celebaelin was absolutely fine about it, Jenny.

Who wasn't fine about it? Alfred E Neuman. Self-appointed "net cop", telling people what they can and can't say. Sticking his oar into issues that shouldn't concern him. Taking hold of minor issues between other posters that ought to be resolved in a couple of posts, and building them up into major disputes. He is essentially a shit-stirrer.

There was no big dispute between me and Celebaelin. Nor was there any big dispute between me and Stefan Linnemann at the start of the thread. It was just a minor issue that was dealt with amicably.

Every time I take issue with anyone about anything, Alfred E Neuman jumps in and castigates me about it and tries to make things ten times worse. And I think it's revolting.

Efros
1319460.  Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:37 pm Reply with quote

Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3