View previous topic | View next topic

Parrots getting stoned on poppy seeds in India

Page 1 of 1

bestcheflover
1305594.  Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:36 pm Reply with quote

Whenever there is an item on parrots anywhere in the world the inevitable picture of a blue and gold macaw is used. QI runs true to form when talking about parrots getting drugged on poppy seedsin India.

The snag is that blue and gold Macaws are not found in India but in tropical South America.

Do tell the elves I said tut tut.

Jenny
1305713.  Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:47 pm Reply with quote

Oh good quibble! We like those :-) Welcome to the forums.

bestcheflover
1305727.  Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:42 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Jenny,
I only joined just to make that point. I could never be as prolific as you. I didn't know QI was big in the U.S. What do you write? Novels, factual, biographies, scripts? I would love to know.

Philip

Jenny
1305841.  Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:45 pm Reply with quote

Well I'm originally British :-) There is another Brit, Efros, who also lives in the USA (not far from me in Maine, as it happens) and a couple of others who are also expat Brits, but we do have the occasional American fan too. I think QI is available on Hulu over here.

I am a poet, though I have written children's non-fiction and articles about child-related things when I used to live in the UK in the 90s, and I edited a book of pre-20th century poetry and wrote a couple of other things for Penguin in 1995 when I worked for them. I've also contributed material to the research team for QI and to a couple of the QI books and the DVD. My book, Sending Bette Davis to the Plumber, is not available through Amazon because my publisher, Moon Pie Press, is very small indeed and can't afford the fees Amazon charges publishers. You can get it from their website though, if you search for Moon Pie Press, Maine. I won't put a link because we don't look kindly on commercial spammage on this site and one of my functions is to get rid of it!

Page 1 of 1