View previous topic | View next topic

The QI Title Music

Page 1 of 7
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

clive
9652.  Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:20 am Reply with quote

This question has probably been asked elsewhere in this Forum, but I'm afraid I can't find a reference to it.
I really enjoy QI, but I particularly like the title music.
Can anyone tell me where this comes from - it's reggae isn't it - is it a Bob Marley tune ?
Was this arrangement made just for QI ? or it is commercially available somewhere ? who play this version ?
I have visited "givealandaviesmorepoints.com" and I was pleased to hear the music when I arrived there ... can anyone shed any light on this music please ??
Thanks !!

brackett
9653.  Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:50 am Reply with quote

The music was composed by Howard Goodall. His other work includes theme tunes for ...mmm....every other comedy show in Britain. He did Blackadder, he did Mr. Bean. Johnny English. The Thin Blue Line. Bean the movie -that had an amazingly intense piano piece in it. He also wrote a brilliant book called Big Bangs (Based on a TV series he did.) oh, and Red Dwarf.

Th QI music has not been released commercially. It is not a Bob Marley tune.

But one day Clive, One day a number 1 Christmas release I think.

Cleverina Clogs
9655.  Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:58 am Reply with quote

I really, really, really don't like the QI music! Please can they change it to something else?

brackett
9656.  Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:08 am Reply with quote

Rich Hall made a very funny comment during the recording of one of the episodes after learning the opening music was to be repeated, he described it as the type of music you would hear in a "Rastafarian Dentists waiting room" Or something like that. In any case Rich agrees with you.

Clive?

laidbacklazyman
9658.  Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:29 am Reply with quote

As some of you know I have the intro music on my intro page, I get a varied mix around 70% in favour of the theme music, some people have even asked if I can let them have a copy. At which point I send them in the direction of Howard Goodall.

clive
9660.  Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:51 am Reply with quote

Well I think that's Quite Interesting ... people either like the music or they don't !!
Can you really avoid tapping your foot when you hear it though !!?
Thanks for answering my question ...
I'll be buying it if it comes out for Xmas anyway !!

JumpingJack
25608.  Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:50 pm Reply with quote

Clive,

I have to say I like the music a lot and I hear it more often than anyone else on the planet.

Congratulations on your excellent taste.

You can download it free from www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/qi or just www.bbc.co.uk/qi

Gray
25636.  Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:40 am Reply with quote

Shall we stick on the site somewhere? I have it in mp3 format...

dotcom
25651.  Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:27 am Reply with quote

I -hate- the music, but it's so annoyingly catchy I can't help humming it.
Couldn't we have a QI song for every episode, like Blackadder used to have, or That Was The Week That Was? How amazingly cool would that be?!

Natalie
25656.  Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:30 am Reply with quote

I love that music, and I have to admit that I danced to it on Friday.

dotcom
25657.  Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:30 am Reply with quote

There there dear.

Zaphod Beeblebrox
25669.  Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:16 pm Reply with quote

I love it. I think that now anything else just wouldn't be QI.

Pyreo
25808.  Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:06 pm Reply with quote

I thought the music was about so-so until I heard the different version for the Christmas special. That was nothing short of pure brilliance.
It made the normal tune grow on me, as well.

Flash
25821.  Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:09 pm Reply with quote

I agree. It was brilliantly cobbled together by the sound engineers on the day the show was recorded.

laidbacklazyman
25823.  Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:17 pm Reply with quote

i hadn't noticed it before, just had to check my copy and yep, it's very subtle. are they playing jingle bells in the background?

Page 1 of 7
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next