View previous topic | View next topic

The QI Title Music

Page 4 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Flash
326236.  Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:05 pm Reply with quote

The title sequence was assembled by a company called Jump, but in terms of concept John Lloyd was behind it and the kids in it are his children (who are all much older now).

Mandibles
328303.  Thu May 01, 2008 4:28 am Reply with quote

That's quite sweet. I always did wonder who that kid was.

:-)

Zaphod Beeblebrox
328499.  Thu May 01, 2008 11:37 am Reply with quote

There are 2 of them

post 104918

baftan1
553807.  Wed May 13, 2009 7:46 pm Reply with quote

This music is taken from the intro of Bob Marley's "One Love/People Get Ready" song. It is slightly distorted though. This is why some people find it Rastafarian dentist music, or some others don't even like it: Of course they don't like it, because their brains tell them that there is a correct version of the music and/or something missing in the tune.

Any one can compare them on YouTube...

Carrot
617401.  Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:31 pm Reply with quote

clive wrote:
This question has probably been asked elsewhere in this Forum, but I'm afraid I can't find a reference to it.
I really enjoy QI, but I particularly like the title music.
Can anyone tell me where this comes from - it's reggae isn't it - is it a Bob Marley tune ?
Was this arrangement made just for QI ? or it is commercially available somewhere ? who play this version ?
I have visited "givealandaviesmorepoints.com" and I was pleased to hear the music when I arrived there ... can anyone shed any light on this music please ??
Thanks !!

brackett wrote:
The music was composed by Howard Goodall. His other work includes theme tunes for ...mmm....every other comedy show in Britain. He did Blackadder, he did Mr. Bean. Johnny English. The Thin Blue Line. Bean the movie -that had an amazingly intense piano piece in it. He also wrote a brilliant book called Big Bangs (Based on a TV series he did.) oh, and Red Dwarf.

Th QI music has not been released commercially. It is not a Bob Marley tune.

But one day Clive, One day a number 1 Christmas release I think.

baftan1 wrote:
This music is taken from the intro of Bob Marley's "One Love/People Get Ready" song. It is slightly distorted though. This is why some people find it Rastafarian dentist music, or some others don't even like it: Of course they don't like it, because their brains tell them that there is a correct version of the music and/or something missing in the tune.

Any one can compare them on YouTube...

I have been struggling to "recognise" the theme tune for some time.

I have to agree with baftan1, the closest i get is Bob Marley's "One Love" - you can just hear the line "Lets get together and feel all right."

Jenny
617613.  Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:52 am Reply with quote

I think you may be confusing a reggae beat (available to any composer who cares to use it) with a Bob Marley tune. Other than the beat, it doesn't sound anything like "One Love" to me.

GL5
617624.  Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:15 am Reply with quote

I have to agree with Jenny, it sounds nothing like Bob Marley or "One Love" at all. Whoever thinks it sounds like that song seriously needs to get their ears checked.

In any case, haven't John Lloyd and John Mitchinson told us about the theme tune already on the DVD of the first series? Turn on the QI Factoids on Disc One, start playing the first episode, and when the magnifying glass appears during the intro, click on it.

janpetel
850951.  Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:18 am Reply with quote

I have been baffled for some time now (actually, ever since I discovered the existence of QI, a couple of years ago) about where I heard the QI theme tune before.
Being a dutchie, I probably come across somewhat different music than the usual english-languaged TOTP-style hits.
Today, finally, I decided to go googling about and as I seemingly only could remember very few words, it actually took me a while before I got the right search combination.

Can anyone tell me wether or not they find the resemblance between the QI theme tune and the song 'Het geeft niet' by Acda en De Munnik (a dutch song by two dutch musicians/comedians) purely coincidential?
(I'm sure you can find it somewhere yourself as I'm not allowed to post it)

Jenny
850954.  Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:29 am Reply with quote

The theme tune was written by Howard Goodall, and as far as I know has no connection to any other work.

janpetel
851005.  Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:13 am Reply with quote

I know it is credited to Howard Goodall, but that's not the point. You'd have to listen to the Acda en De Munnik song to form an opinion, wouldn't you?

Sadurian Mike
851009.  Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:45 am Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gu49uHhKJo

janpetel's not wrong in seeing a similarity, you know.

Ameena
851024.  Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:46 pm Reply with quote

Rofl I can notice the similarity too, that's kinda cool :D.

Celebaelin
851031.  Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:23 pm Reply with quote

Didn't Howard Goodall say it was intended to resemble bells? That could explain it - the tempo is obviously very different.

Jenny
851063.  Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:56 pm Reply with quote

I've just listened to it - Het Geeft Niet doesn't sound anything like the QI theme tune to me.

eggshaped
851168.  Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:31 am Reply with quote

We've also been told that our theme sounds a bit like this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnlzyBf-hyg

Which I can also kinda hear - might ask Facebook to see if anyone can find any other similar songs.

Page 4 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next