View previous topic | View next topic

Peter Cushing

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Xocist
79863.  Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:55 pm Reply with quote

In the third series Alan Davies said a local band had a song about Peter Cushing "Peter Cushing lives in whitstable, I have seen him on his bicycle, I have seen him buying vegetables"

Well, I tried to find out who sung it originally... I couldn't, so I gave up. Ages later, just a few days back, a teacher at my school, Mr Carney, informed me and my friend (after he heard us talking about QI) that he was in the band that had sung that song.

Robbie
80595.  Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:48 pm Reply with quote

I'd love to hear a recording of it, it sounds very addictive.

Tas
80641.  Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:32 am Reply with quote

And the band's name was....?

:-)

Tas

deekstar
83152.  Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:44 pm Reply with quote

hi all, Deek McNeill here. Yes myself and Eric Fisher, wrote this song in Whitstable and had the whole county of Kent and beyond singing it for a year or two back in 1985. Our notorious band was in fact the one and only "THE JELLYBOTTIES"... At the time, myself, Eric and the rest of the band, Louie Court and various guest vocalists knew Mr Cushing personally! He was my neighbour and would regularly say hello to my baby boy Aaron as we strolled along Whitstable beach. As far as I'm concerned he was the last of the English gentleman and a great actor! We decided to dedicate a song to this amazing chap.
Since there has been much interest on QI from Alan Davies & co about our song, would Alan be interested in recording this song with us? since all who have heard the song unanimously agree it should have been a great sing-a-long pop rock anthem!!!
We never released the song commercially, although most people felt we should have. We only performed the song at hundreds of shows around the country.
Can we pursue this?
Feedback welcome
Deekstar

Jenny
83189.  Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:32 pm Reply with quote

Deek - welcome to QI :-). Stick around and join in some of the threads.

He may well see your post, but it would probably be a good idea to send a private message to Jumping Jack drawing his attention to it. I think he would have some say in the matter.

Bunter
83260.  Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:16 am Reply with quote

Deekstar - have private messaged you about this matter.

best,

Justin, Qi Commericial Director x

swot
83341.  Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:54 am Reply with quote

I would so buy that record.

jellyjim
83347.  Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:14 pm Reply with quote

Nice one Deek, Eric here( of Bottyness fame). Yes I would be into recording a new version of Peter Cushing, it would be great to get Alan on vocals, I would buy it myself. also there's all those old recordings including the first time we played the song in public at Whitstable Labour Club,the crowd went wild!, I think that was the night Alan may have been there.

Last edited by jellyjim on Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Quaintly Ignorant
83429.  Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:20 am Reply with quote

If only Vincent Price could kick it off:

"Peter... I have seen you buying vegetables"

classic Alan Davies

swot
83563.  Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:56 am Reply with quote

Maybe we could ask Mr Fry to do his impression.

jellyjim
94463.  Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:55 am Reply with quote

the Peter Cushing song is now available to download at www.tiptopwebsites.com/deekstar this is the original version by the Jellybottys,check it out

mididoctors
139745.  Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:01 pm Reply with quote

I can confirm the story over this song as i was in the kitchen at the time of writing

the stress and strain sessions

I bumped into steve aldermann recently.. he had a stroke!

Boris
London

dandaman1990
344430.  Sun May 25, 2008 4:52 am Reply with quote

At the recording last tuesday they showed us a mock up video with alan davies and qi friends singing this song it was hilarious.

Andrew
344526.  Sun May 25, 2008 8:32 am Reply with quote

...and should hopefully be one of the DVD extras on the C series DVD due out in September :-D

Brighteyes
488363.  Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:20 pm Reply with quote

Something random - maybe 10 years ago i worked for a removal firm and moved a couple into Peter Cushings old house in Whitstable.
Very strange place, 3 or 4 floors high, it has a beautiful gargantuan bay window overlooking the sea, i decided to go explore the place.
There was a tiny shed in the garden so i open the door and theres a ruddy great skeleton falling towards me. There were lots of very strange nik naks in that shed.
There were nails coming up through the floorboards in the living room, the stairs were so narrow we had to carry the setee up a ladder on the outside of the house on our backs whilst people pulled by rope from the roof.
That house was eerie and seemed to find every conceviable way to make us work ten times harder.

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next