View previous topic | View next topic

Europe

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

The Luggage
92862.  Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:02 am Reply with quote

*slaps self about the head* My brain seems to have taken the day off. Please excuse my current ignorance :)

grizzly
92868.  Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:28 am Reply with quote

As with respect to the continent of Eruope, I do have to wonder why we distinguish between Europe and Asia. The dividing line between the continents is rather ambiguous (it doesn't follow a country's border and uses the Ural Mountains, Ural River, Caspian Sea, Caucusus Mountains and Black Sea as a dividing line as a division).

Every other continete except Europe has a fairly obvious dividing line where there is either an Ocean or a very small slither of land ajoining the two continents (Africa to Asian and South to North America).

Would it not be much more simpler to amalgamate the two continents into Eurasia (much in the same was as the tectonic plates are)?

cabs
92871.  Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:30 am Reply with quote

The Luggage wrote:
*slaps self about the head* My brain seems to have taken the day off. Please excuse my current ignorance :)

Think nothing of it, old chap. Sorry for withering invective.

Twopints
92878.  Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:06 pm Reply with quote

Feroluce wrote:
Isreal is in the song contest because they are members of Eurovision, as are Lebanon (there must be other reasone why they don't enter).

Eurovision is a bit bigger than europe.

How long before India have an entry?

Wiki

Another reason for Israel being in the Eurovision song contest is that they would most likely get nil points in the middle-east-ovision song contest (if such a thing were to exist). I get the impression that they're not exceptionally popular amongst most arab states.

Although if it were anything like the Eurovision song contest it's entirely based on the quality of the song and nothing at all to do with politics.. ahem.

The Luggage
92915.  Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:16 pm Reply with quote

cabs wrote:
The Luggage wrote:

Think nothing of it, old chap. Sorry for withering invective.

No problem sir, I found my brain down the pub getting sloshed. I've brought him home now, and am reviving him with coffee (although it doesn't work, it just makes you pissed and hyperactive). I should be able to pick up on humor again from now on :)

Ian Dunn
125507.  Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:22 am Reply with quote

Here's a quite interesting story from Europe, about the Euro Millions jackpot.

Some Belgian's thought that they won the jackpot, however the person who brought the ticket picked random numbers instead of the numbers they normally picked, and lost over 27,000,000

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6166675.stm

Bondee
922903.  Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:14 pm Reply with quote

Zombie thread!!!

Animated map of European border changes, 1000AD to present.

Jenny
923151.  Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:21 am Reply with quote

Ooh I like that! Thanks Bondee :-)

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2