View previous topic | View next topic

How was your day?

Page 331 of 334
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 330, 331, 332, 333, 334  Next

crissdee
1390879.  Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:38 pm Reply with quote

Slept off the worst of the cider, had something to eat, and went for a walk. As I got back, the pub was still busy, so I popped in for a nightcap..........which turned into three nightcaps. And a long chat with a neighbour with whom I had hardly passed a dozen words previously.

Alexander Howard
1390925.  Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:15 am Reply with quote

I received an invitation to a memorial service for a local character, author, charity worker and all-round good egg; then saw it was today. I had to shave hurriedly and find a suit and tie, realising I had not worn a suit for months.

It was in a church several miles away and I would have to drive like a maniac to get there even respectably late. I got there with time to spare.

On approach I saw the church was beyond a petrol station, and the road was jammed with panic buyers. It would take a hazardous manoeuvre to cut back to the back way round, but it would have been disrespectful to be late.

It was a good service, very appreciative of the man (though I gather that he and the vicar were at loggerheads philosophically). Hearing the tributes makes you realise how little most of us achieve.

Big Martin
1390933.  Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:05 pm Reply with quote

Assisted Little Brother to unload the new (metal) roofing sheets for his workshop this morning. He'd borrowed the firm's truck to pick them up from a supplier in Cardiff yesterday, but it was nearly 9pm when he got back, so it had been sitting on my front all night.
The original roofing sheets our father put up when he built it as a large garage in the 1970s we think were already second-hand and now, 40+ years later, they leak like a sieve, making working down there on a wet day rather uncomfortable.
After a couple of counts, we've found there are only 11 new sheets, not 12 as he paid for. Hopefully, they can deliver the missing one rather than having to borrow the truck again for just one sheet.

Awitt
1390967.  Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:13 am Reply with quote

A nice sunny day today, prompting the neighbour (housebound for a few weeks after surgery) to ask me if I'd be returning to a nearby small independent supermarket that has a selection of seedlings and plants.

I wasn't going to today, but then thought it was too good an afternoon to pass up, so ventured up there.

I then dug a hole in the driveway-side garden bed, planting a geranium bush that I've grown in a pot for the last few months and then planted the purchased capsicum seedling.
Also cleaned out the bird bath, tidied up some pots and discovered the biggest fattest slug ever.

crissdee
1390999.  Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:13 pm Reply with quote

Awitt wrote:
.....discovered the biggest fattest slug ever.

For Austrailia, that's really saying something! And usually the precursor to something poisonous and aggressive.......

Awitt
1391020.  Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:59 pm Reply with quote

My bus driver friend dubs them 'Sluggsy Malone' and I've written a bit of a poem about them.

Big Martin
1391220.  Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:27 am Reply with quote

Been spending my birthday volunteering at Newark Park. We had only 29 visitors all day, so at least I managed to have a chat with nearly all of them. The weather is horrible and the lanes around the property flood very quickly, so my car got several drenchings before I got to the main road.

Jenny
1391240.  Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:22 pm Reply with quote

We went out to lunch with some visiting relatives of Woodsman, and sat on an outside deck. It sprinkled during the meal, but luckily the table had sunshades over it which functioned perfectly well as umbrellas.

Awitt
1391251.  Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:43 pm Reply with quote

Due to rain being predicted, I was prepared to dash out in between showers today.
It is currently mid morning and the rain still hasn't eventuated. I was actually up by 7.30am (early for me in lockdown) and down the street for a few things to avoid getting wet.

While walking down the street, a man crossed the road in his mobility scooter and I let him go ahead as he'd be faster than me anyway. I get to the bank, ready to use the ATM outside, and he's there ahead of me.

Jenny
1391258.  Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:05 am Reply with quote

We had our booster covid shots and flu shots on Monday, and were fine yesterday apart from slightly sore arms, but by the evening I felt fairly crappy and went to bed early. Having barely slept, I have now given up and come downstairs to sit at the computer rather than disturb his sleep. I anticipate a degree of knackerage when morning comes.

Efros
1391268.  Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:49 am Reply with quote

I've been up since about 2:30 with back pain and gut issues. The latter seems to have resolved itself, the back pain is there but not debilitating but I know this is not going to be a pleasant day as I'm tired already.

crissdee
1391281.  Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:05 am Reply with quote

I've had better days tbh. Woke up at 6am, out of the house for 7am to be picked up by the house removal chap for a journey to Liskeard in Cornwall. By the time we got there, it was raining pretty consistently, and (of course), the keys to the new property were not available. Two hours or so of waiting, and the new owners turn up with the keys. The wrong keys. Eventually we got access and began unloading the first van, in the rain. Finished that and began on the trailer. Half way through, I began to feel unwell. Cue an extravagant, even flamboyant episode of d&v, accompanied by whole body shivering. Left early with the wife of the owner, and after another bout of projectile vomiting, started to feel better. Got home around 10pm, had a bath and an early night. Still managed to use an entire roll of TP between midnight and this morning. Somewhat better now, but still not 100%.

Last edited by crissdee on Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Jenny
1391310.  Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:34 am Reply with quote

Oh dear crissdee - that does sound nasty. Bad enough to have something like that when you're at home, but when you're some distance away it's worse. I hope this clears up for you over the day.

crissdee
1391320.  Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:20 am Reply with quote

Feeling a lot better now, but that's a pretty low bar!

tetsabb
1391392.  Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:57 am Reply with quote

Any medical update, crissdee?
Does not sound nice at all. Something you ate?

Page 331 of 334
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 330, 331, 332, 333, 334  Next