View previous topic | View next topic

How was your day?

Page 330 of 334
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 329, 330, 331, 332, 333, 334  Next

Efros
1390429.  Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:41 am Reply with quote

Came home yesterday afternoon and sat down at our dining/kitchen table to greet Oscar as usual. After 10 minutes or so of fussing with him I get up to get myself some iced water and CRUNGE! Pain. I manage to catch myself on the counter as my back twinges and releases an avalanche of pain signals. Took my time getting the water and retired to my usual spot on the sofa. I spent most of the rest of the day moving around very gingerly but getting very little indication of pain, so breathing a large sigh of relief I went to bed. Fast forward to 2 am this morning, woken up by lower back pain, I don't think that has ever happened to me. Anyway called in sick after struggling to get dressed and mobile, no way would I be able to make it into work let alone be useful while there. One of the reasons I hate taking time off is the 2 hours it took me this morning to organize lesson plans and instructions for whoever they get to sub for me, with the remote hope they will actually be used.

Awitt
1390453.  Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:30 am Reply with quote

AlmondFacialBar wrote:
Quote:
After my second all I had was slight soreness at the injection site.

This was me after my first shot, the soreness started that night, the next day I struggled to lift my arm up to do my hair etc and had to be careful with carrying my bag on that side, but that was all I had so I was slightly pleased, hoping that'd be all I'd get for the second, but 'twas not to be.

Still, the worst seems to be over now - still had a slight headache today but far less.
It hit the peak Monday afternoon, I had to have two naps, partly also due to the poor sleep of Sunday night and my 'nurse cat' came to lie with me .

Jenny
1390546.  Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:39 pm Reply with quote

Sympathies Efros - I had a bout of that recently, and had I been working I would have had to take time off. Eventually I had three really good massages with deep tissue work, and that sorted me out.

Efros
1390548.  Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:48 pm Reply with quote

A blindingly hot shower (hot in male terms, we males could never stand what you ladies call hot!) this morning made it a bit more tolerable but as the day has wore on it has crept back. I've just prepared tomorrow's stuff in anticipation of a repeat of this morning.

Jenny
1390551.  Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:03 pm Reply with quote

Massage highly recommended.

Awitt
1390567.  Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:38 pm Reply with quote

Lockdown drags on here, when suddenly at 9.30am, I hear a bang, which sounded like someone walking on my roof. I go outside, wondering if there is someone but nada.

The neighbour comes to me, she also heard it.

Then the reports come pouring in, there's been an earth tremour, epicentre in the Victorian Alpine region of Mt Buller, and it was felt between Melbourne and Sydney, and west of Melbourne to Geelong.

AlmondFacialBar
1390578.  Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:42 am Reply with quote

Awitt wrote:
Lockdown drags on here, when suddenly at 9.30am, I hear a bang, which sounded like someone walking on my roof. I go outside, wondering if there is someone but nada.

The neighbour comes to me, she also heard it.

Then the reports come pouring in, there's been an earth tremour, epicentre in the Victorian Alpine region of Mt Buller, and it was felt between Melbourne and Sydney, and west of Melbourne to Geelong.

I was thinking of you when I heard that on the news this morning. 5.8 sounds like quite a shake alright.

:-)

AlmondFacialBar

Awitt
1390584.  Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:11 am Reply with quote

Thankfully in a way the epicentre under the town of Mansfield is in the high country so sparsely populated. And lockdown/travel restrictions may have been a blessing in disguise, there were a few skiiers on the nearest mountain, one woman thought it was an avalanche.

The hotel from where I watch the video walks reported a vase falling off a shelf, but that seemed all, they are quite close to the epicentre.

My library colleague reported his friends in the northern Victorian town of Wangaratta reported the cathedral bells ringing - I checked a map and this town and the epicentre of Mansfield are in virtually a straight line.

Apparently was 10 km underground which may explain why it was felt so far and wide.

An inner suburban building lost part of a brick wall that may have been from poor construction.

About an hour later there was an aftershock measuring 4.0 on the Richter scale and there have been warnings that there could be several in the future.

I also saw that there was apparently a quake/tremour in South America just a few days ago so something's woken up this fault line.

Jenny
1390617.  Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:08 am Reply with quote

I came on here this morning hoping to find out you were OK, Awitt, so I'm glad it doesn't seem to have been a particularly bad earthquake. Phew!

crissdee
1390668.  Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:13 pm Reply with quote

Long and tiring day. Working with the house clearance/removal people over the river. Picked up a little after 8am, went to house just outside Brecon, Cleared the house by about noon. Took the stuff down to Swansea, waited two hours or more for someone to turn up with the keys to the new property, a couple more hours trying to fit the furniture from a nine room house into a four room bungalow, took some of the stuff to another house in Swansea (long story, don't ask!) then drove back to Builth by 9.00pm. Tired, but 100 better off when I pick up the money tomorrow.

crissdee
1390863.  Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:02 pm Reply with quote

The pub next door has just reopened for the first time since the original lockdown, under new management. It is not outwith the bounds of possibility that I have consumed an immoderate amount of cider on an empty stomach. Please forgive/ignore anything I might post before tomorrow morning......

crissdee
1390879.  Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:38 pm Reply with quote

Slept off the worst of the cider, had something to eat, and went for a walk. As I got back, the pub was still busy, so I popped in for a nightcap..........which turned into three nightcaps. And a long chat with a neighbour with whom I had hardly passed a dozen words previously.

Alexander Howard
1390925.  Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:15 am Reply with quote

I received an invitation to a memorial service for a local character, author, charity worker and all-round good egg; then saw it was today. I had to shave hurriedly and find a suit and tie, realising I had not worn a suit for months.

It was in a church several miles away and I would have to drive like a maniac to get there even respectably late. I got there with time to spare.

On approach I saw the church was beyond a petrol station, and the road was jammed with panic buyers. It would take a hazardous manoeuvre to cut back to the back way round, but it would have been disrespectful to be late.

It was a good service, very appreciative of the man (though I gather that he and the vicar were at loggerheads philosophically). Hearing the tributes makes you realise how little most of us achieve.

Big Martin
1390933.  Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:05 pm Reply with quote

Assisted Little Brother to unload the new (metal) roofing sheets for his workshop this morning. He'd borrowed the firm's truck to pick them up from a supplier in Cardiff yesterday, but it was nearly 9pm when he got back, so it had been sitting on my front all night.
The original roofing sheets our father put up when he built it as a large garage in the 1970s we think were already second-hand and now, 40+ years later, they leak like a sieve, making working down there on a wet day rather uncomfortable.
After a couple of counts, we've found there are only 11 new sheets, not 12 as he paid for. Hopefully, they can deliver the missing one rather than having to borrow the truck again for just one sheet.

Awitt
1390967.  Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:13 am Reply with quote

A nice sunny day today, prompting the neighbour (housebound for a few weeks after surgery) to ask me if I'd be returning to a nearby small independent supermarket that has a selection of seedlings and plants.

I wasn't going to today, but then thought it was too good an afternoon to pass up, so ventured up there.

I then dug a hole in the driveway-side garden bed, planting a geranium bush that I've grown in a pot for the last few months and then planted the purchased capsicum seedling.
Also cleaned out the bird bath, tidied up some pots and discovered the biggest fattest slug ever.

Page 330 of 334
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 329, 330, 331, 332, 333, 334  Next