View previous topic | View next topic

How was your day?

Page 329 of 334
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 328, 329, 330 ... 332, 333, 334  Next

AlmondFacialBar
1390144.  Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:36 am Reply with quote

A friend of mine has compensated cirrhosis after several decades of Hep C (cured now). She's fine as long as she watches what she eats and drinks.

:-)

AlmondFacialBar

CB27
1390161.  Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:45 am Reply with quote

Had a weird one today.

Mobile rang with a number I didn't recognise.

I pick up and say Hello probably 3-4 times to complete silence before I hear a click and someone says "Hello, this is XXX speaking, how are you today", and I just said "Goodbye" and hung up, thinking no more about it.

About 3 minutes later I get another call:

Me: "Hello"
XXX: "Why did you hang up on me so rudely?"
Me: "You're an unsolicited call, I wasn't rude, I just don't accept such calls"
XXX: "But you didn't have to be rude about it"
Me: "Ah, well in that case what I should have said was" and hang up.

I'm imagining this idiot waiting to hear what I should have said.

I don't scream or swear at unsolicited calls, they're trying to make a living, and as long as it's not a scam, at least it's honest, but my phone is my domain, I don't have to explain why I don't want to talk to you.

Calling me back to complain is not only stupid, it's incredibly creepy and worrying.

I couldn't find the number on google, so reported it to BT, but I doubt anything will happen, but number is blocked.

AlmondFacialBar
1390162.  Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:49 am Reply with quote

Wow, that is next level WTF alright!

AlmondFacialBar

CB27
1390173.  Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:57 am Reply with quote

I was going to add that what annoyed me was the possibility that callback could have happened to my mum or my sister and how upset they'd be, but thought it might come across as sexist.

However, on second thoughts, it's got nothing to do with them being women, I just know them well enough to know how they'd react.

Still annoyed about it.

AlmondFacialBar
1390175.  Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:54 pm Reply with quote

AlmondFacialBar wrote:
AlmondFacialBar wrote:
Ok, that logo isn't Märklin, but Bing, 1925 to 1934. I also just looped in my dad because he knows about such things, so let's see what he has to say for himself.

AlmondFacialBar

Right, he says with the state it's in right now it would achieve between €400.00 and €600.00 on wellknownauctionSite.de.

And this is a more common model in sameSite.co.uk right now:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304079047475?hash=item46cc860b33:g:swMAAOSwjRVg-5Ap

AlmondFacialBar

Dad just called and doubled his estimate. Yup, you've got treasure there.

AlmondFacialBar

crissdee
1390178.  Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:15 pm Reply with quote

Right! That's going on the bay of electronic sales as soon as I can sort it out! Thanks for your help AFB!

Regarding the elasticity of my liver, it is apparently well within acceptable tolerances, no fat apparent, but some scarring from the Hep E. Nothing to worry about in itself, but good for people in metaphorical white coats to know in order to arrange further treatment parameters.

tetsabb
1390209.  Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:19 am Reply with quote

Good news, crissdee!

extremophilesheep
1390273.  Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:14 am Reply with quote

That is good news indeed!

Getting new neighbours this weekend so I'm just really really scared.

Awitt
1390280.  Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:46 am Reply with quote

Today we got our roadmap out of lockdown. It is expected to be in another four weeks that the vaccination rate will be up to 70% with both jabs. (I had my second one today)

From next Thursday Melbourne overtakes Buenos Aires as the most locked down city in the world.

We still can't have visitors to the home, (even if all people have had both vaccines) smaller shops still can't open, even in suburbs/towns with no or few cases.

Extending the travel limit to 10 km still doesn't help me, my mum and sister to meet up, partly due to the station that's at the end of my 10 km limit, being no more and for the next six weeks, being rebuilt along with level crossing removals.

RLDavies
1390290.  Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:50 am Reply with quote

A friend in another forum has just been told the mole on her arm is malignant melanoma. Not good.

She has a family history of melanoma, so is very vigilant about moles and marks. So it was caught very early, almost certainly stage 1 (before any spread). She'll be having it removed as swiftly as possible -- melanoma moves fast once it decides to move -- and is looking forward to a complete cure without chemo or radiation.

Efros
1390291.  Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:15 am Reply with quote

I have a number of friends in Maine who have had various bits of their head removed due to long UV exposure over their years as committed outdoorsmen. One of them is very fair haired and skinned (Swedish ancestry) and he's had his ears trimmed, numerous holes in his forehead and his nose and cheekbones have had work done too. He was brought up in California and spent much of his youth working outdoors on an almond farm. Later in life he spent about 20 years in Africa teaching there and from there to Maine. Outdoors in strong UV rich sunshine for a lot more time than average with his skin tone was only going to result in one thing.

Awitt
1390324.  Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:19 am Reply with quote

Combined reaction from my second Covid shot yesterday, plus a blast of cold weather has meant a sleepless night - I just couldn't get warm to get to sleep. Also have nerve pain/twinges in my legs from my other condition.

Then from 3 - 6am I was hot and woken by the taxi tooting for the neighbour at 6.45......

Had a headache all day, an IBS attack at 9.30am.

CB27
1390344.  Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:32 am Reply with quote

I had the reaction to the first dose of first being extremely cold for a few hours (teeth chattering, feeling cold to the bones), then turning around and feeling so hot for a few hours that my eyes felt like they were drying out and I had to constantly wet my eyelids. Then it was a restless couple of nights because of sore arm.

Thankfully second dose was OK, but I took it even thinking that I might get the same side effects again because the alternative sounded a lot worse.

AlmondFacialBar
1390346.  Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:58 am Reply with quote

I had Pfizer for both and took the day off after my first because I woke up feeling like a Victorian novel character, all weak and ready to swoon at any time. After my second all I had was slight soreness at the injection site. My brother got AZ for his first and was just fine afterwards, but the second (Moderna) had him pretty much flat on his back for two days. He says the grocery shop that usually takes him 20 minutes took almost two hours because he kept having to sit down. Someone a friend told me about had the Pfizer for both and was fine after the first, but puked up their ring for several hours after the second. It really does seem completely random.

AlmondFacialBar

RLDavies
1390358.  Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:41 am Reply with quote

I just felt indeterminately feverish and cruddy for a couple of days after each one. Fatigue, malaise, sweaty, achy, basically the "48-hour bug".

As you say, certainly much better than the alternative.

Page 329 of 334
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 328, 329, 330 ... 332, 333, 334  Next