View previous topic | View next topic

How was your day?

Page 3 of 170
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 168, 169, 170  Next

Bondee
1295532.  Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:36 pm Reply with quote

morrismarina wrote:
Booked tickets to see Killing Joke, because I somehow wish to travel back to 1985.

Brilliant live band. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Their gig at the London Astoria in '94 was the best I've seen. It was almost tribal. If Jaz had decided he was going to overthrow the government we would've followed him down Charing Cross Road and stormed Whitehall.

AlmondFacialBar
1295550.  Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:28 pm Reply with quote

'yorz wrote:
Definitely plaited beard. Makes it look shorter = younger.
That suit is quite a find. You look spiffing in it.

Yup!

:-)

AlmondFacialBar

Jenny
1295558.  Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:47 pm Reply with quote

I like the plaited beard - suits you better / is neater than the loose-and-flowing variety. You look great in the suit!

'yorz
1295560.  Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:13 pm Reply with quote

And, as I said - a shorter beard takes years off crissdee.
Since he asked for our opinion, I'd even suggest to go for a 2'' one. Much neater. Much snazzier. :-)

Awitt
1295562.  Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:08 pm Reply with quote

Efros wrote:
At least it has a non serrated edge, I get really pissed off with restaurants over here who insist on giving you steak knives with serrated edges whenever you have a steak, just means the knife is blunt and tears the meat.

At the wedding I attended last month, medium rare steak was one of the options on the menu. Yet everyone got butter knives and could barely cut in to it.

RLDavies
1295600.  Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:35 am Reply with quote

I spent the weekend piling into a backlog of urgent work.

Saturday I worked all evening and night, and went to bed at 8 am. Slept till 11 and then spent all day Sunday doing a job, start to finish, that I usually prefer to spread over two or three days. Finished at midnight.

Had an enormous long sleep last night, which means I'm now running too late today to complete the last job in time to catch the last post. But without the sleep I wouldn't have been able to do it anyway.

Awitt
1295725.  Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:50 pm Reply with quote

Just had a text message from my sister using mum's phone/number, saying mum's had a fall and hurt her shoulder, been taken to the local hospital. Hope it's not too bad, would rather a dislocation than a break.

Awitt
1295740.  Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:11 am Reply with quote

(some hours later)

Had an update, mum's had an xray and the upper arm is broken but they don't think surgery will be needed. She'll stay in hospital overnight tonight.

crissdee
1295742.  Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:18 am Reply with quote

Best wishes to Mother Awitt.

swot
1295744.  Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:56 am Reply with quote

Oh dear, sounds nasty.

Crissdee, I finally realised what your photo reminds me of: https://goo.gl/images/5yaGbQ (but less round).

swot
1295749.  Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:49 am Reply with quote

I just had a long-ass phone call with the mortgage advisor, and she's about to call me back to give me some advice (the first call, and the one on Monday, was to establish the sort of advice that I needed). I'm so bored. I'm also subject to baby brain, so I requested that she call on Saturday to talk it over with the less addled Mr Swot, in case I've made some terrible decisions. She's working hard.

crissdee
1295771.  Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:15 am Reply with quote

Less than unalloyed success.

Went up to exchange something I had bought on ebay, but the wrong thing had arrived. They didn't have the right thing, and looking back at my order, it seems I may have ordered the wrong thing in the first place. Only a couple of quid, so no biggie. Went on to my storage unit to get something out, and broke the fecking key in the padlock! Borrowed a cordless angle grinder to cut the lock off, and then had to buy another one, and go back to the yard to put it on so they could put my container back in the stack.

Only thing that went right was picking up mum's new specs.

swot
1295775.  Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:53 am Reply with quote

That sounds like a nightmare.

After a successful phone call, I managed to find all of mini-swot's old bibs, a nappy cover, some maternity leggings and three breastfeeding tops that I'd stored in the vacuum bags that held mini-swot's old clothes, and properly packed my hospital bag (apart from snacks, which I'll start accumulating soon, along with some Lucozade). I've also ordered some nappy detergent, having done the maths to find out which is the most cost-effective (because apparently that mortgage phone call set the tone for the day). A great deal of this is procrastination, because I still haven't brought the washing in. Judging by the wind, it must have been dry for at least an hour. Despite half-assing it, I think today has been reasonably productive.

swot
1295780.  Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:28 am Reply with quote

One of the children in mini-swot's class got blown almost over at pick-up time today. I did not laugh. Out loud.

Awitt
1295809.  Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:18 pm Reply with quote

I'm an adult but short and skinny, and no strength now to hold myself against strong winds and that still happens to me, when crossing roads. I've been blown off course, out of the pedestrian crossing line area and almost into cars waiting at the red lights, then been verbally abused by the drivers for 'ruining' their pride and joy.

Ok then, so how about they try not being able to ever get their licence, being underweight, losing strength through health issues and having to walk everywhere? In their cocoon of a car, some don't even realise what the wind is like.

Page 3 of 170
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 168, 169, 170  Next