Efros
1295444.  Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:13 pm Reply with quote

Wiv ribbons!

swot
1295448.  Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:43 pm Reply with quote

And flowers.

morrismarina
1295450.  Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:52 pm Reply with quote

The current failed marriage I have under my belt, had a lovely wedding regardless of what came after. We had it at the Donkey Sanctuary in Sidmouth. A donkey acted as the bridesmaid, and it hee-hawed loudly during the 'if anyone has any reason why...' part.
Probably a sign of things to come to be honest.

crissdee
1295468.  Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:22 am Reply with quote

AlmondFacialBar wrote:
Methinks we need pictorial evidence for peer review...

:-)

AlmondFacialBar

My brother took one for me in lieu of a handy mirror. I'll see if he can send it to me somehow.

extremophilesheep
1295474.  Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:39 am Reply with quote

Awitt wrote:
suze wrote:
Quote:
This may sound like a horrible thing to say, and I apologize in advance for any offence it may case. But it's fairly common that when one half of an elderly married couple dies, the other isn't far behind. One should never hope for someone to die, but complete the sentence in whatever way seems to you appropriate.

This is exactly what happened to my great aunt. Her husband had died suddenly of a heart attack, 'didn't feel too good' one night while drying the dishes. Was gone like that.

His wife had a series of small strokes over the next couple of years, was never the same again, and died about two years later. They'd had their 60th anniversary not long before.

And the parents of a local friend of mine died three months apart.

We always knew that if grandfather had another heart attack, it would be his last, same about grandmothers having a stroke.

One night we got the call grandfather had had a heartattack. My parents went. I woke up to being told that not only he had died but my grandmother had passed away a few hours later, from indeed a stroke, unable to cope with the grief.

They were very religious people and had prayed all their life - going to church every day! - that if their time would come, they'd go together. I'm not particularly religious but it does make you think.

Awitt
1295478.  Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:13 am Reply with quote

It's also said that 'to die of a broken heart' is a true thing.

crissdee
1295485.  Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:29 am Reply with quote

Undoubtedly. The stress of losing someone close could easily exacerbate any underlying heart problems.

crissdee
1295503.  Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:15 am Reply with quote

Plaited beard. yes/no?

Any restaurant that hands out this kind of cutlery is my kind of place!

Efros
1295505.  Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:46 am Reply with quote

At least it has a non serrated edge, I get really pissed off with restaurants over here who insist on giving you steak knives with serrated edges whenever you have a steak, just means the knife is blunt and tears the meat.

AlmondFacialBar
1295506.  Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:12 am Reply with quote

crissdee wrote:
Plaited beard. yes/no?

Any restaurant that hands out this kind of cutlery is my kind of place!

Nice Alternative Metal vibe...

:-)

AlmondFacialBar

crissdee
1295507.  Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:14 am Reply with quote

Further dispatches from the wedding. We had our own "Pippa Middleton" in the shape of the best man's sister, who was absolutely stunning but dim as a dim thing on Dim Day. My brother and I were having a discussion on questions of the day, specifically alternative medicine, and more specifically homeopathy, and it emerged that she had not only no knowledge of the idea, but that she had never encountered the word, either written or spoken.

Also, in case anyone is interested, a rare sighting of crissdee looking respectable in 12 worth of Pierre Cardin.

suze
1295509.  Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:12 am Reply with quote

And with a beard ponytail!

I think my personal ordering would be loose beard > beard ponytail > beard plait, but - with the sole possible exception of my husband - it is not for me to tell anyone how he should wear his beard. Since the good man in question is clean shaven, beard styling is not a subject which occupies a great deal of my thinking time!

'yorz
1295512.  Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:27 am Reply with quote

Definitely plaited beard. Makes it look shorter = younger.
That suit is quite a find. You look spiffing in it.

morrismarina
1295518.  Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:01 pm Reply with quote

Booked tickets to see Killing Joke, because I somehow wish to travel back to 1985.

tetsabb
1295526.  Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:58 pm Reply with quote

Plaited beard gives an assailant something more to grab in a tussle.

Page 2 of 170
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 168, 169, 170  Next