View previous topic | View next topic

Series P broadcast

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Ian Dunn
1294167.  Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:15 am Reply with quote

I was on the BBC Previews website, which is where they put up shows for critics to review them before transmission, and the first episode, "Panimals" is scheduled for 22.00 on 10th September - meaning that now QI is going out on Mondays.

All I can say about this is that when they moved "Only Connect" to Mondays, that people so much they moved it back to Fridays. I assume this is because "Mock the Week" is airing in the slot QI is normally in.

EDIT: The show also has new opening credits.

dr.bob
1294177.  Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:17 am Reply with quote

Very new credits, or just slightly altered?

Seems odd given that the old credits served well enough for the last 15 years. I wonder why they've changed them now.

Ian Dunn
1294179.  Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:31 am Reply with quote

dr.bob wrote:
Very new credits, or just slightly altered?

Seems odd given that the old credits served well enough for the last 15 years. I wonder why they've changed them now.

Closer to slightly altered. The theme tune is the same, but they are using different pictures and there is a bit more computer animation.

Baryonyx
1294182.  Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:18 am Reply with quote

Oooh, controversial! Joining the University Challenge and Only Connect viewers perhaps?

Ian Dunn
1294187.  Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:09 am Reply with quote

Baryonyx wrote:
Oooh, controversial! Joining the University Challenge and Only Connect viewers perhaps?

Well, Only Connect moved back to Fridays.

Bondee
1294258.  Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:23 pm Reply with quote

Any word on the XLs?

Ian Dunn
1294269.  Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:49 pm Reply with quote

Bondee wrote:
Any word on the XLs?

None yet, but when TV schedules tend to be updated they tend to list weeks as running from Saturday to Friday, so we will have to wait for the next update to find out.

Bondee
1294444.  Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:18 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Ian.

Sorry, I've only just noticed your reply. I didn't venture into the forum netherworlds when I was online yesterday.

Confucius
1294567.  Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:53 am Reply with quote

Well XL doesn't appear to be on Saturday 15th, unless it's going to be on BBC4 - my Digiguide hasn't updated '4 for that day.

Ian Dunn
1294569.  Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:45 am Reply with quote

In my experience the BBC schedules don't fully update on DigiGuide until Thursdays.

Ian Dunn
1294646.  Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:08 pm Reply with quote

DigiGuide has since updated - no XL editions coming up. The second episode is "Peril" with Asiling Bea, Lee Mack and Jason Manford.

Confucius
1294661.  Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:11 pm Reply with quote

For what it's worth I've emailed the Beeb asking as to if/when the XL episodes may be shown. I'm not holding out much hope for an informative reply, but fingers crossed nonetheless.

Bondee
1294714.  Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:20 am Reply with quote

Confucius wrote:
For what it's worth I've emailed the Beeb asking as to if/when the XL episodes may be shown...

As did I. I received the following reply this morning...

Quote:
It's great to read you are a fan of 'QI XL' and I can tell you that the series is returning mid October.

However, as we only ever confirm our schedules online 10 days in advance you won''t see anything about the new broadcast dates until the beginning of October. I know you have the programme page already but here it is again; check the NEXT ON section disregarding the repeats -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00qff3s

I hope this helps for now and you enjoy the series when it returns :-)

It's one of my fave programmes also!

I wonder if they'll start from the beginning, or broadcast the XL of the most recent episode then catch up with the earlier episodes at the end of the regular series.

Can any of the elves illuminate us further?

Confucius
1294717.  Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:38 am Reply with quote

I got a similar reply this afternoon.

Quote:
Thank you very much for getting in touch. It's great to hear from you.

I'm a massive fan of QI and can't wait for it to return. I'm delighted to learn you are also an avid watcher.

With regard to your question on QI XL then, I am pleased to confirm that the programme will return to BBC2 in October this year. You can keep an eye on the programme page for further updates:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00qff3s

I hope the above is good news and eases your fears that QI XL had been cancelled.

Thanks again for getting in touch.

Kind Regards,

(etc. etc. - I've deliberately left the chap's name out)

tetsabb
1294760.  Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:00 am Reply with quote

Well, for what it's worth, I have checked the new Radio Times, and there is no XL on between Mon and Fri

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next