View previous topic | View next topic

'There's nothing worse than...'

Page 1 of 1

tetsabb
1287749.  Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:22 am Reply with quote

I was reminded of a thread I started years ago because of the remarks about the Great Cull of 2009. I guess the original must have been a victim of that Purge.

At the time, I was working for the National Blood Service, and had offered to microwave the Doctor's tea, as his last cup had gone cold. "There's nothing worse than microwaved tea", he remarked.
Another day a colleague announced that there was nothing better than buying a new handbag.
In the original thread, we came to the conclusion that there would be nothing worse than living your life by your philosophy, only to die, and find that there was an afterlife, in which the Westboro Baptist Church, for example, were right, and you were now condemned to an eternity in hell. Conversely, there would be nothing better than living the life of a rational humanist, only to die and find there is a heaven: and that god is a nice chap who allows you in because you did your best to be kind and caring.

So, contributions please! I imagine Bondee's Yammering Netty nigh be a good source...

GuyBarry
1287840.  Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:33 am Reply with quote

There's nothing worse than being asked for contributions and realizing that you have nothing whatsoever to contribute.

Baryonyx
1287841.  Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:51 am Reply with quote

There's nothing better than superlatives

tetsabb
1287845.  Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:14 am Reply with quote

Similar in tone, someone who now only posts here occasionally put something on Facebook to the effect of "I have a rainbow set of fingernails. I couldn't be happier"
Really?

crissdee
1287854.  Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:33 am Reply with quote

There is nothing worse than having a car outside your house that you can't use.

There is nothing better than finally getting tax, insurance etc in place so that you can!!!!

Strawberry
1288662.  Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:01 pm Reply with quote

tetsabb: Yes, the original thread seems to no longer be there but here's a link to another version of it.

Post 1067669

GuyBarry
1288663.  Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:12 pm Reply with quote

There's nothing worse than seeing the same thread come round again and again when you know you have nothing to contribute.

Spud McLaren
1288665.  Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:27 pm Reply with quote

It occurs to me that really, one can post to a thread like this only once, otherwise your posts will contradict each other. I can think of nothing worse than that.

Other than being ritually disembowelled alive in the woods using a sharp stick whilst being forced to listen to the collected works of Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons.

GuyBarry
1288666.  Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:30 pm Reply with quote

In that case there's nothing worse than this.

(P.S. I'm quite a fan - in fact I was looking for something to listen to tonight so thanks for the recommendation!)

Spud McLaren
1288668.  Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:08 pm Reply with quote

I just knew there was something wrong about you, but I just couldn't put my finger on it until now.

Olinguito
1289265.  Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:59 pm Reply with quote

There’s nothing worse than doing whatever it takes to keep yourself alive, even if it kills you.

Page 1 of 1