View previous topic | View next topic

Hurting people's feelings

Page 1 of 1

GuyBarry
1278727.  Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:42 pm Reply with quote

Is it acceptable for members who are supposedly in a position of authority on this forum (however minor) to insult those who aren't?

barbados
1278732.  Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:08 pm Reply with quote

Its about as acceptable as it is to be so touchy that you get insulted by something so trivial

GuyBarry
1278735.  Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:26 pm Reply with quote

Any one incident may be regarded as trivial. It's the cumulative effect.

I have tried my hardest to put up with the constant tirade of insults from 'yorz, but it's getting a bit much now. I don't think I've violated any forum rules. I know I can fly off the handle from time to time, but I really don't think that justifies being called rude names almost every time I ask a question about anything.

I'm sorry if I've offended or upset anyone. I just don't know how to deal with this sort of treatment.

barbados
1278736.  Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:31 pm Reply with quote

GuyBarry wrote:
I just don't know how to deal with this sort of treatment.

You might try to fit in with everyone else rather than expect many years of forum membership to change to fit in with you.

GuyBarry
1278737.  Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:33 pm Reply with quote

barbados wrote:
GuyBarry wrote:
I just don't know how to deal with this sort of treatment.

You might try to fit in with everyone else rather than expect many years of forum membership to change to fit in with you.

What do you mean, "everyone else"? There's only one person I've got an issue with.

If you think I'm going to give in to 'yorz for the sake of preserving my relationships with everyone else on the forum, I'm afraid you're mistaken. You've never insulted me in the way she consistently does, and neither has anyone else.

She's a bully.

barbados
1278739.  Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:40 pm Reply with quote

You don't just have a problem with one person though do you - just look back at your posts in this section of the forum.

GuyBarry
1278742.  Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:44 pm Reply with quote

Yes, and those matters have all been resolved. It's a pity that this one hasn't been.

And what really annoys me is that this part of the forum - which ought to be separate from the cut-and-thrust of the other areas - is being treated as a place where people can be offensive to other members. Why have a section called "Using the QI Forums" if we can't discuss things in a calm and rational fashion?

I think there should be a general policy that any post made in this part of the forum should be treated with courtesy. Otherwise there's no point in having a separate section.

Alfred E Neuman
1278762.  Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:32 pm Reply with quote

GuyBarry wrote:
Yes, and those matters have all been resolved. It's a pity that this one hasn't been.

Have they? Or have you just realised how ridiculous you've been and stopped bleating about them? Just picking one of your more recent attempts to force the forum into your perception of what a forum should be, have people stopped posting GIFs?

GuyBarry wrote:
I think there should be a general policy that any post made in this part of the forum should be treated with courtesy. Otherwise there's no point in having a separate section.

And I think there should be a general FIFO* policy in place for members of this forum.

* Not First In, First Out but Fit In or Fuck Off.

Jenny
1278844.  Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:37 pm Reply with quote

I expect members of this forum with personal beefs with another poster to sort it out between themselves. I am not nanny.

barbados
1278850.  Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:54 pm Reply with quote

Jenny wrote:
I am not nanny.

Oh yes you are - I've seen the photos on facebook :)

Jenny
1278851.  Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:02 pm Reply with quote

No, no - nana not nanny :-)

That's a pleasing sentence.

Page 1 of 1