View previous topic | View next topic

Third-party submissions

Page 1 of 1

GuyBarry
1278708.  Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:07 pm Reply with quote

Is it acceptable for banned members to submit material to this forum via an intermediary?

'yorz
1278711.  Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:12 pm Reply with quote

Is it acceptable for members to constantly challenge the rules?

GuyBarry
1278715.  Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:14 pm Reply with quote

I don't know what the rules are. Could you tell me please?

'yorz
1278720.  Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:26 pm Reply with quote

If PDR wants to keep a finger in the pie and Spud is willing to operate as postillon d'amour, then why not? It's not really conducive for an easily flowing conversation, but PDR can't be stopped from lurking in the wings, and Spud cannot be stopped from relaying PDR's comments. So...

GuyBarry
1278723.  Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:30 pm Reply with quote

OK, so the answer is "yes". Perhaps you could have said that the first time instead of being rude to me.

You lose no opportunity to be rude to me on this forum. Any question I ask, you dismiss. You call me an "arse", "anal" and fuck knows what else. I'm thoroughly sick of it.

Go and be rude to someone else.

crissdee
1278750.  Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:14 pm Reply with quote

In what way was 'yorz rude to you this time? You seem very quick to take offence at the slightest pretext. We discussed her use of the term "anal" (to a wearisome degree) and everyone but you agreed that it wasn't an insult. We are all grownups here, and if we want to insult someone, we will use a far stronger term than "arse".

It is becoming more and more apparent that this forum is not a place where you feel comfortable. I'm sorry about that, but we like it like this. A solution presents itself. We will not force it on you, but it remains an option open to you.

'yorz
1278755.  Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:13 pm Reply with quote

Tiny correction: when I consider somebody to be anal, I do not think he's an arse (although the one doesn't exclude the other, of course).
As for what anal actually means, I'll let Wiki explain:
Quote:
The term anal retentive (also anally retentive), often abbreviated to anal, is used to describe a person who pays such attention to detail that it becomes an obsession and may be an annoyance to others, potentially to the detriment of the anal-retentive person. The term derives from Freudian psychoanalysis.

Alfred E Neuman
1278756.  Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:13 pm Reply with quote

GuyBarry wrote:
Go and be rude to someone else.

Seriously? Are you aware how paranoid you look when you whine like that about a couple of posts which are, at worst, terse?

Jenny
1278843.  Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:36 pm Reply with quote

I was very sorry to have to ban PDR, but his presence had become intolerable because of his inability to restrain himself from insulting people who disagree with him. Far too much time was spent discussing that rather than the topic of conversation. I staved it off as long as I could despite requests from people over a long period. Sad though I was to lose his input, I have to say that the atmosphere around the forums has been on the whole more pleasant since then. If he is interested enough to keep reading the forums, and he and Spud have a correspondence they both enjoy, I don't see why Spud can't relay that to the rest of us. Unlike PDR, Spud has an active appropriateness-filter.

tetsabb
1278859.  Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:44 pm Reply with quote

Jenny wrote:
Spud has an active appropriateness-filter.

Isn't that the nicest thing anyone has said about Spud for ages?
Bloody nice chap!

'yorz
1278872.  Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:48 pm Reply with quote

What less-nice things have been said about Spud?

Spud McLaren
1278890.  Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:09 pm Reply with quote

Jenny wrote:
Spud has an active appropriateness-filter.
Perhaps you should ask my wife & work colleagues about that.
'yorz wrote:
What less-nice things have been said about Spud?
Perhaps you should ask my wife & work colleagues about that too.

However, thank you all for your kind words.

Page 1 of 1