View previous topic | View next topic

Podcast Pickiness. Podcast 205.

Page 1 of 1

1275388.  Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:21 am Reply with quote

During a discussion about endoscopies, James stated that "all endoscopies are back alley". This is incorrect. Endoscopy(ies) is a general term for internal investigation(s). Endoscopy means "inside seeing". As a bit of an expert on this I can tell you that a camera down the throat endoscopy is called a Gastroscopy, a bladder endoscopy is a Cystoscopy, both are frontal entry, and a "back alley" endoscopy is either a Colonoscopy or a Sigmoidoscopy (that's the short range version). There is one for the trachea and lungs but I don't know what that is called. Yet! 24/2/2018 16:05 Now I do. It's called a Bronchoscopy.

Edit to add more useless knowledge.

Last edited by Pickypete on Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total

1275390.  Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:26 am Reply with quote

This is true. I had an endoscopy down my throat and into my stomach.

1275402.  Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:00 am Reply with quote

And there are those of us who who have had a Cystoscopy!


Page 1 of 1

All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Display posts from previous:   

Search Search Forums

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group