View previous topic | View next topic

Pampering

Page 1 of 1

Celine
1271690.  Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:37 am Reply with quote

There is a Korean exfoliating process called 'Seshin' that involves a woman (named ddemeri) wearing black lingerie scrubbing naked clients with a sandpaper-like loofah in order to get rid of dead skin and dirt. It is seen as a weekly tradition in Korea as a way of rejuvenation coinciding with Korean beauty standards.

Source - CNN Travel: http://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/korean-scrub-mistress/index.html

Spud McLaren
1271704.  Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:56 pm Reply with quote

In Japanese Buddhism a sesshin is a period of up to seven days of intensive meditation. I'm not sure whether the Korean version helps one to attain enlightenment quicker, but I'm willing to give it a go ...

Celine
1271712.  Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:45 pm Reply with quote

I do like how Sesshin translates to 'touching the heart-mind' in Japanese, a lot more poetic than simply translating to 'scrub' in Korean. Definitely would choose the retreat for enlightenment, a quest for supple skin is the choice of the latter :D

tetsabb
1271716.  Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:52 pm Reply with quote

A sandpaper-like loofah sounds most uncomfortable, especially anywhere.... you know.... sensitive...

Amalia
1271719.  Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:03 pm Reply with quote

Yep. Had that done in Korea and Korean spas in Mongolia. As a guy friend said "Those scrub gloves were not made for hairy men." Apparently the sensitive bits were *ehem* sensitive.

Your entire body feels like a baby's bum when it's done though.

Page 1 of 1