View previous topic | View next topic

Stand UP for STUNTS...Oscar Petition- Thank You!

Page 1 of 1

Anikki17
1271667.  Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:52 am Reply with quote

Hey all... This is Amber Gallaway..I started the petition for the Stunt Community to be acknowledged by the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences and ask that they honor them with an annual Oscar category of their own.
So very much appreciate the shout out on this Podcast! Hoping that this year is the year we hit our goal of 100k in signatures and get the Academy to make this addition. You'd think 90yrs of waiting for an Oscar Category would be long enough, right!
The stunt community is also hoping that the Academy does right and include Joi Harris in the Memorial. She was the stuntwoman that died from a catastrophic head injury while doing a motorcycle stunt on Deadpool 2. In fact, the community lost 2 talented performers to head/neck trauma last year...this was a great loss felt deeply within the stunt community.
The addition of the stunt category will help give this community a voice, one that needs to be heard not only for the artistic quality and contribution to film but also and most importantly for the health and safety of all on set.
Thanks again for the support with signatures! Let's make this change happen!
https://www.thepetitionsite.com/810/757/136/stand-up-for-stunt-people-they-deserve-an-academy-award-too/[/b]

Jenny
1271734.  Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:12 pm Reply with quote

Hi Anikki and welcome to QI. We are normally a bit chary about this kind of thing coming from somebody who clearly joined us for that sole purpose, but I think we can leave it up for now. I'll remove the link after the Oscars.

Anikki17
1271860.  Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:02 am Reply with quote

I just posted here to say thanks and put up the link, because our petition has been getting a lot of signatures since this was talked about in the last podcast. I hadn't even heard of No Such Thing As A Fish, until people signing the petition made mention of where they found out about it. Very delightfully entertaining and interesting podcast... so happy to find out about it! Thanks!

Page 1 of 1