View previous topic | View next topic

Respect for other forum members

Page 1 of 1

GuyBarry
1270165.  Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:52 pm Reply with quote

Because of a nasty comment that someone just made about me on this forum, I just went and bashed my head against the wall. I'm now bleeding and in a certain amount of pain.

Please don't do this sort of thing again. It's not funny. There are real people taking part here, you know.

I'm going to bed. The person concerned has just ruined my evening. I hope she's proud of herself.

monzac
1270168.  Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:37 pm Reply with quote

I'm sorry that you have chosen to respond this way. It has been pointed out before that we have been bumbling about, on and off topic, for much of the life of the forum. bemahan even coined a term for it in 2009.

It hasn't been a problem and hasn't caused conflict in the past. What has caused conflict is your focus on overtly or covertly policing what does and does not belong in a thread.

I read your post about the name and was tempted to repost your comment as follows:

You wrote:
The jazz singer Kevin Mahogany died last month. I admit I hadn't heard of him until Clare Teal played one of his recordings on her Radio 2 show.

and appending FTFY to it. I decided not to, but now that another poster has responded to your desire to keep us where you believe we should be, I feel that I must speak up too.

If you must add comments about what you think threads should be discussing, don't be surprised if other members are irritated. It is up to you how you deal with the responses your comments attract.

'yorz
1270172.  Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:05 pm Reply with quote

The person concerned is not proud. She is indifferent.

As Alf already felt obliged to explain to you, calling somebody anal is something entirely different from calling him an arsehole.
If you don't believe him, do yourself a favour and look it up. Would save you a nose bleed next time.

Alfred E Neuman
1270184.  Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:11 am Reply with quote

GuyBarry wrote:
Because of a nasty comment that someone just made about me on this forum, I just went and bashed my head against the wall. I'm now bleeding and in a certain amount of pain.

Please don't do this sort of thing again. It's not funny. There are real people taking part here, you know.

I'm going to bed. The person concerned has just ruined my evening. I hope she's proud of herself.

And I thought PDR took things on here too seriously...

You really need to lighten up a bit. Life's far too short to let someone you'll probably never even meet upset you to the point you start injuring yourself.

Page 1 of 1