View previous topic | View next topic

Long-time fan finally saying hi!

Page 1 of 1

DVD Smith
1268287.  Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:29 pm Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I joined the boards way back in 2008 but never properly introduced myself until now. So here I am, nine years late.

Hey gang! I'm David, I'm currently a forensic scientist, and I've been hooked on QI ever since the 11th of September 2003, when I sat down to try out a brand new show with a very intriguing premise and heard Danny Baker say his fact that if you drag a pencil in a straight line until it all wears away it will last for 35 miles. Since that moment, QI has been by far my favourite comedy/panel show and one of my all-time favourite TV shows.

I joined the board way back in 2008 when I was a university student, keen to contribute to the show I love, but my ambitions tailed off a bit as uni got busier and I kind of forgot about the boards for a while. Then I discovered No Such Thing as a Fish in 2015, started coming to the live shows (one of the biggest benefits of living in London, I think I'm up to 20 now) and then decided I wanted to hop back on the boards and contribute to this amazing programme in any way I can.

Looking forward to meeting you all properly at last! I'll mostly be hanging around the boards for the new series, digging up any interesting stuff I find. Feel free to follow me on Twitter (@DVDSmith), always happy to connect with fellow fans of the show.

See you around! :)

monzac
1268322.  Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:34 am Reply with quote

G'day DVD.

See you round like a rissole :)

crissdee
1268341.  Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:54 am Reply with quote

My teenage ambition was to be exactly what you are now, and I spent many hours/days/weeks reading books that horrified my teachers. Unfortunately, I waas not sufficiently academically-minded at the time to gain the necessary qualifications, so I became a car mechanic, then a soldier (unsuccessfully). Then I drifted around engineering and driving in various combinations until i gave it up to be my parent's carer ( a job for which I have neither aptitude or enthusiasm).

My interest remains however, hence my worryingly deep knowledge about a certain Victorian criminal which, should the opportunity arise, will be codified into a book.

Prof Wind Up Merchant
1268576.  Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:18 pm Reply with quote

Welcome DVD Smith. Do you like Doovde?

DVD Smith
1268807.  Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:04 pm Reply with quote

I just had to look up who that is, so nope :) It's just a contraction of my name (David).

Prof Wind Up Merchant
1271454.  Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:29 am Reply with quote

DVD Smith wrote:
I just had to look up who that is, so nope :) It's just a contraction of my name (David).

Just joking with you.

What the below. You will like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqpd7WcBmjM

Page 1 of 1